    ray Guest

    I would like to Make the Persons name Z O E there are two dots over the
    e. I cant find a way to do this on Microsoft 2003. Please Help.

    ray, Oct 20, 2008

  2. ray

    Klaus Linke Guest

    "ray" <> wrote:
    >I would like to Make the Persons name Z O E there are two dots over
    > the e. I cant find a way to do this on Microsoft 2003. Please Help.

    You can insert it from the "Insert > Symbol" dialog, if you don't need it
    too often.

    If you've a US International keyboard layout (set in the Windows Control
    Panel), you can also type " followed by E or e.

    Or type it in directly using Alt+0203 (Ë), or Alt+0235 (ë).
    If that doesn't seem to work, look if the "Num" light on your keyboard is
    on... If it isn't, hit the "Num" key below it once.

    Or you can type CB into the doc, then Alt+X (ToggleCharacterCode) for "Ë",
    type EB then Alt+X for "ë".

    Or you can select the character and define your own keyboard shortcut (in
    Insert > Symbol) or AutoCorrect entry (in Tools > AutoCorrect options...)

    Or define an AutoCorrect specifically to turn Zoe in Zoë...

    I guess you'll be able to find something among those options that will work
    for you ;-)

    Regards,

    Klaus

    Klaus Linke, Oct 20, 2008

  3. ray

    grammatim Guest

    On Oct 20, 5:22 pm, ray <> wrote:
    > I would like to Make the Persons name   Z O E     there are two dots over the
    >  e.  I cant find a way to do this on Microsoft 2003.   Please Help.

    Type Ctrl-Shift-: e

    All the normal Western European accents are typed that way: Ctri+ the
    closest-looking keyboard character, release, and type the letter (cap
    or small): ' for acute (and the Icelandic crossed-d!), ` for grave, ,
    for cedilla, / for crossed-o, ^ for circumflex, : for umlaut, ~ for
    tilde (for the last three, remember to shift!)

    For less often used items like ae and oe and German double-s, it's the
    &; for the Scandinavian a-ring, it's @. The Spanish punctuation marks
    are Ctrl-Alt-! or ?.

    grammatim, Oct 20, 2008
  4. ray

    Klaus Linke Guest

    I just knew I'd overlook a possibility <g>

    Klaus

    Klaus Linke, Oct 21, 2008