How do I put in a "tick" symbol in Word?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word Document Management' started by Guest, Oct 25, 2004.

    I'm trying to insert an ordinary "tick" symbol in Word. The closest I can
    find is a square root symbol. Can anyone help?

    Guest, Oct 25, 2004

  2. There are several check marks in the Wingdings and Wingdings 2 fonts.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Oct 25, 2004

    pugal0806

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    do the following
    select insert -> symbol in the microsoft word
    then
    select the font as a wingdings
    from that give the character code has 252
    finally you will get the tick mark symbol..

    pugal0806, Nov 16, 2006

    pugal0806

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Symbol Insertion

    pugal0806, Nov 16, 2006

    harryberry

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    London/Essex
    Tick Symbol Insertion

    Please see tick symbol below, Copy and paste into your document.

    Hope this helps

    Kind Regards
    Harry Berry

    www.warp9webhosting.co.uk

    harryberry, Oct 9, 2009

    jic

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    useful

    thank u so much !

    jic, Jan 12, 2011

    tessa123123

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Choose a font such as arial and insert the square root symbol.
    Highlight the symbol and change the font so you get the tick you want.
    Try fonts such as
    MS Mincho ✓ consolasLucida handwriting √
    Agency FB

    tessa123123, Feb 4, 2012

    Dick Kirk

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Change Font to Wingdngs 2
    Shift P for a Tick
    Shift O for a cross:bow:

    Dick Kirk, Feb 23, 2012

    bigtymerpax

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Follow these steps:
    open microsoft word
    then click insert from drop down menu
    then click symbols
    then click more symbols
    then enter font as MS PGothic and subset as Dingbats
    then you should see tick symbol

    bigtymerpax, Oct 18, 2012

    Tickster

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Choose the font 'Wingdings 2', hold down the shift key and press P. That gives a nice tick (check mark).

    Tickster, Nov 17, 2012

    Lal Gurung

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0

    got it, thanks very much for your help

    Lal Gurung, Jan 4, 2013

    zziwa denis

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2014
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    i need help please

    zziwa denis, Apr 10, 2014

    v_mangat

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2014
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you very much! Exactly as you said!

    v_mangat, Jun 24, 2014

    anndase

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2014