    under the T. How do I do that? Those dont' appear in symbols.

    Thanks.

    Julie

    Guest, May 21, 2006

    macropod Guest

    Hi Julie,

    You could do this by playing around with the character spacing & positioning
    under Format|Font|Character Spacing, adjusting both the dot and the letter.

    Alternatively, you could use a pair of ADVANCE fields, coded like:
    {ADVANCE \d3}.{ADVANCE \l6 \u3}H
    or
    H{ADVANCE \l6 \d3}.{ADVANCE r\3 \u3}
    The ADVANCE field braces (i.e. { }) are created in pairs via Ctrl-F9.

    Cheers

    "Julie" <> wrote in message
    > I'm typing a ms for my dissertation and I need to put a dot under the H

    and

    macropod, May 21, 2006

    Jezebel Guest

    EQ fields will do it --

    { eq \o (T,.) }

    You'll need to apply character formatting to the T and period: use Format >
    Font : character spacing tab to raise the T and/or lower the period.

    Jezebel, May 21, 2006
  4. If you can use the Arial Unicode MS font, you can find these characters in
    the Latin Extended Additional character subset (U1E24 and U1E6C).

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, May 21, 2006