    in her contact list. Is there any way to control a multi-way
    conversation?

    , Nov 5, 2007

  2. Rod Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My daugther wants access to instant messenger, but I am concerned that
    > her friends could invite her to conversations with people that are not
    > in her contact list. Is there any way to control a multi-way
    > conversation?

    I have a 13yo
    and welcome replies to this as well,
    It seems a bit quiet around here
    hope you get a reply.
    Rodney

    Rod, Nov 5, 2007

  3. Greetings,

    Sure is. Using the Windows Live Family Safety tools, you can restrict their contact list so
    they can only talk to people you've allowed -- that includes multiparty conversations.

    Anyone attempting to add people to conversations that aren't on that list will be denied.

    You can sign up as a parent and set things up here:
    http://fss.live.com

    --
    Jonathan Kay
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

    Jonathan Kay [MVP], Nov 6, 2007

    On Nov 5, 5:51 pm, "Jonathan Kay [MVP]"
    <> wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > Sure is. Using the Windows Live Family Safety tools, you can restrict their contact list so
    > they can only talk to people you've allowed -- that includes multiparty conversations.
    >
    > Anyone attempting to add people to conversations that aren't on that list will be denied.
    >
    > You can sign up as a parent and set things up here:http://fss.live.com
    >
    > --
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
    > Associate Experthttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
    > Messenger Resources -http://messenger.jonathankay.com
    > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2007 Jonathan Kay.
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > My daugther wants access to instant messenger, but I am concerned that
    > > her friends could invite her to conversations with people that are not
    > > in her contact list. Is there any way to control a multi-way
    > > conversation?- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks. This has certainly put me on the right track. However, I am
    having some problems. When I go to this address I get the following
    error: "Additional information is needed for this Windows Live account
    before you can add this person to Family Safety." I have tried
    numerous things with no luck. I had to change my daughter's location
    to the United States just to get the requirement for parental
    permission. I have done the same with my account, but still no luck.

    , Nov 11, 2007
  5. Hi,

    Yes, you have to the following fields in registered information filled in for it to make the
    service available to you. I have no idea why they don't make this clear on the site:
    First name, last name, birth date, industry, occupation, job title, children, and the home
    location address info.

    Jonathan Kay [MVP], Nov 12, 2007
  6. spwlsl Guest

    I have checked about 5 times that each of these :
    First name
    last name
    birth date
    industry
    occupation
    job title,
    children
    home location address info

    is completed and I still get the "Additional information is needed for
    this Windows Live account before you can add this person to Family
    Safety.".

    My wife can get into the Family Safety account but I can't !

    Any more ideas ?

    Thanks

    Steve

    --