    As in Word, is it is possible to Insert/Symbol and place a "tick mark" in
    Excel? I have seen it in an Excel spreadsheet, but no-one seems to be able to
    explain how.

    Guest, Oct 21, 2004

    Jim Rech Guest

    You can use Insert, Symbol in Excel 2002 and 2003. Also perhaps you can
    find the character you want in the Windows Character Map accessory. Also an
    "a" in the Marlett font appears as a check mark.

    --
    Jim Rech
    Excel MVP

    Jim Rech, Oct 21, 2004

    Thanks Jim. Using v2000, but Windows character map helped.

    Guest, Oct 21, 2004
  4. Chip Pearson has an addin you can use.
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
    (look for Symbolizer and make sure you get the correct version)

    And you didn't ask, but if you need to know what's in the cell, get another nice
    addin from Chip:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Oct 21, 2004

    weets

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    1
    go to insert, symbols change the font to Wingdings 2 and select the tick

    weets, Mar 4, 2008
    Strawberry1 likes this.
  6. Guest

    SUHANTI SOMASUNDRAM

    Joined:
    May 8, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    KEY "TICK" IN EXCEL

    Hello All,
    I tried the suggestion MARLETT followed by "a" ALPHABET.
    Amazing!
    I was so happy ! thank you for this forum...
    hope to contribute soon,

    Cheers
    Su

    SUHANTI SOMASUNDRAM, May 8, 2009

    sri2105

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank You very much guys...this helped ....was able to place a tick in Word...cool...Cheers

    sri2105, Dec 7, 2009

    goodgod

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2014
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    There is even an easier way to enter tick mark in Excel. Change the FONT format of the cells in which you will be entering the tick marks to Windings 2. Then by typing Shift P in these cells will appear as tick marks.

    goodgod, Feb 27, 2014