    sentences in small letters . Is there a quick way to get all the text the
    same either capital / small letters . Please help as the document is about 90
    pages and don't want to re-type if possible.

    Guest, Apr 10, 2005

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Select the text then format > change case.

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Apr 10, 2005

    Stan Brown Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?Um9wZXN0ZXI1MA==?=" wrote in
    microsoft.public.word.newusers:
    >I have a Word document that contains sentences in capital letters and
    >sentences in small letters . Is there a quick way to get all the text the
    >same either capital / small letters . Please help as the document is about 90
    >pages and don't want to re-type if possible.

    Click anywhere in the document and press Ctrl-A (or click Edit...
    Select All). Then press Shift-F3 until the text appears in the case
    you like. It may take a while to do that edit on 90 pages.

    And I can't help cautioning you against such a procedure. DOCUMENTS
    IN ALL CAPS ARE VERY HARD TO READ. on the other hand, you don't
    want all lower case either. why? it makes you look silly.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Apr 10, 2005
  4. You may not get the option of "Sentence case" by cycling through Shift+F3.
    In that case, you'll need to use Format | Change Case and select it
    explicitly. But you will still not be home and dry, as you'll need to troll
    through the document and recap any proper nouns and (perhaps) remove caps
    that have appeared after periods that don't signal the end of a sentence.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Apr 10, 2005