    to fill the screen when the show is played. How do I make this happen. I
    know how to change aspect ratio on a picture but not the slide when the show
    runs. Get a black band on the top & bottom.

    Guest, Feb 12, 2007

  2. You need to set the dimensions of your slides before you build them.This is
    usually found under page setup

    --
    Michael Koerner
    MS MVP - PowerPoint

    Michael Koerner, Feb 12, 2007

    In XP or 2003, set your Page Setup for 16 (width) and 10 (height). In 2007,
    use the 16:10 option in the same Page Setup dialog. This is the most common
    aspect ratio for widescreen computers on the market as opposed to 16:9 for
    movies and other large screen applications...........TD

    Guest, Feb 12, 2007

    RE: How do I make a slide show fit the entire screen on a wide scr

    The dilemma with this is that if you change aspect on an existing
    presentation, any photos will stretch. Type will not. You'll have to either
    start over, or strip the presentation of all its photos and copy/paste photos
    from the 4x3 version to the widescreen.

    If you shrink it back to 4x3, it will squeeze the photos, but if you show
    the 16x10 show on a 4x3 laptop, you'll get the top/bottom letterbox.

    Guest, Feb 13, 2007

    Convert it to flash can solve your problem.
    Flash can not be distorted no matter what size your screen is.

    --
    PowerPoint software

    http://www.ppt-to-dvd.com

    PowerPoit free templates

    http://www.ppt-to-dvd.com/free-templates.php?sid=4

    Guest, Feb 13, 2007

    Marv Duncan Guest

    RE: How do I make a slide show fit the entire screen on a wide scr

    I'm suffering a similar dilemma. First off, I'm using PP 2007. I was trying
    to do a slide (picture) show with 35mm format. All of my photos were 4X6
    format (1280X854 pixels). I was finally able to do something by physically
    changing each slide after it was imported. A very time-consuming task.
    I decided to follow the above advice and use 5X8 format (10 X 16) This
    required editing the photos to 1280 X 800 - not too much of a problem with
    most of them. But again - time consuming.
    Then I attempted to "Insert Photo Album." I first changed the Page Setup to
    10 X 16. Then I imported the photos. Imagine my chagrin when I found that the
    program arbitrarily changed the format back to 3 X 4. It does this every
    time, no matter what I try. So then, just for drill, I changed the Page Setup
    again to 10 X 16 and told the program to Fit to Slide. It changed the page
    format okay, but it stretched all of the slides horizontally to fit the width
    of the screen but DID NOT stretch them vertically accordingly. What now?

    Marv Duncan, Jul 17, 2009

    t-4-2 Guest

    Re: How do I make a slide show fit the entire screen on a wide scr

    Have you tried : ( I am a 2 weeks old beginner )
    1. Insert > Photo Album > under Picture layout, set it as " Fit to slide "
    ?
    2. Slide Show > Resolution > click the top pointer and select 1280 X 800
    from the drop down box ?

    t-4-2

    t-4-2, Jul 17, 2009

    Marv Duncan Guest

    Re: How do I make a slide show fit the entire screen on a wide scr

    Well, first of all, I can select 10 X 16 as the page format. I also select
    "Fit To Slide" in the Picture Layout pane. the Slide Show Resolution DOES NOT
    provide the choice of 1280 X 800 or any other 10 X 16 format. All of the
    choices there are 4 X 3 format. And that is the main issue. No matter what I
    set, when I insert the photo album, the program defaults the page layout to 4
    X 3 format.

    Marv Duncan, Jul 17, 2009

    t-4-2 Guest

    Re: How do I make a slide show fit the entire screen on a wide scr

    I use 2007 version as well. I do have 1280 X 800 resolution available. Why
    not yours ?
    Click Slide Show > look for RESOLUTION on far right .........
    Did you click the POINTER which is at the right side of a rectangular box.
    If you see the word Resolution, the box is next to it.
    This is the list offered after I've clicked the pointer :
    640 X 480
    800 X 600
    1280 X 600
    1024 X 768
    1280 X 720
    1280 X 768
    1280 X 800

    t-4-2, Jul 18, 2009

    Echo S Guest

    Re: How do I make a slide show fit the entire screen on a wide scr

    This is a little sneaky.

    Insert | Photo Album | New Photo Album.

    Choose just one slide and create the album.

    Design tab | Page Layout | Choose the size you want.

    Go to your one slide and resize the picture -- double-click it, click the
    dialog launcher (the little arrow/square symbol) in the lower right-corner
    of the Size group on the Picture tab. Change the Scale section on the Size
    tab there so they're both equal.

    Then Insert | Photo Album | Edit Existing Album.

    add the rest of the photos. I think they'll come in sized/scaled
    appropriately. They do here, anyway.

    Don't Miss the PPTLive User Conference! Atlanta | Oct 11-14

    Echo S, Jul 18, 2009

    Marv Duncan Guest

    Re: How do I make a slide show fit the entire screen on a wide scr

    Well, that;s cool! With my page setup set to 10 X 16 (or any other value), in
    the Slide Show -> Resolution: menu, the only choices I have are:

    640 x 480
    800 x 600
    1024 x 768
    1280 x 720
    1280 x 768
    1162 x 864
    1280 x 960
    1280 x 1024
    Use Current Resolution

    It doesn't seem to me that Resolution should have anything to do with the
    page setup or importing the pictures - only in the display. I still don't
    know why Page Setup defaults back to 4 X 3 format when the Photo Album is
    inserted. That just doesn't make sense and sure looks to me like a bug.
    What?!? A bug in a Microsoft program. Okay, I'll bite my tongue.

    Marv Duncan, Jul 18, 2009

    Echo S Guest

    Re: How do I make a slide show fit the entire screen on a wide scr

    It's because when you insert a new photo album, PPT starts it on the default
    template. And that is (usually) 4 x 3.

    Echo S, Jul 18, 2009