How do I insert a watermark in Excel containing the word "draft"

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Misc' started by Guest, Jul 20, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    MS Word contains an ability to insert a text watermark (Format, Background,
    Printed Watermark). Using this feature enables one to indicate (say) the
    status of the document, eg, "draft".

    I want to do the same thing in Excel, but seem to be able to only insert a
    background graphic (Format, Sheet, Background) from my graphics folder. I
    would prefer not to create a text graphic if I can.

    Any suggestions?
     
    Guest, Jul 20, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Guest

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Just for visibility on the sheet or do you want to also print the watermark?

    You can use WordArt from Insert>Picture.

    See Bob Phillips' site for this and other printable watermark methods.

    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html


    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:38:03 -0700, C-bah-hobbit
    <> wrote:

    >MS Word contains an ability to insert a text watermark (Format, Background,
    >Printed Watermark). Using this feature enables one to indicate (say) the
    >status of the document, eg, "draft".
    >
    >I want to do the same thing in Excel, but seem to be able to only insert a
    >background graphic (Format, Sheet, Background) from my graphics folder. I
    >would prefer not to create a text graphic if I can.
    >
    >Any suggestions?
     
    Gord Dibben, Jul 20, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    Mimic a watermark in Excel

    Watermark functionality is not available in Excel. If you want to display a
    graphic on every printed page (for example, to indicate that the information
    is confidential), you can insert the graphic in a header or footer. This way,
    the graphic appears behind the text, starting at the top or bottom of every
    page. You can also resize or scale it to fill the page.

    1. On the View menu, click Header and Footer.
    2. In the Page Setup dialog box, click Custom Header or Custom Footer.
    3. Click in the Left section, Center section, or Right section box.
    4. In the row of buttons in the Header or Footer dialog box, click Insert
    Picture and then find the graphic you want to insert.
    5. Double-click the graphic to insert it in the header or footer section box.
    6. To resize or scale the graphic, click Format Picture in the row of
    buttons in the Header or Footer dialog box and then, in the Format Picture
    dialog box, select the options you want on the Size tab.

    Notes

    A. Changes to the graphic or graphic format take place immediately and can't
    be undone.

    B. If you want to add blank space above or below a graphic, click before or
    after &[Picture], and then press ENTER to start a new line.

    C. To replace a graphic, select &[Picture], click Insert Picture , and then
    click Replace.

    D. Before printing, make sure the header or footer margin allows enough
    space for the custom header or footer.

    E. To delete a graphic, select &[Picture] and then press DELETE.

    Challa Prabhu

    "C-bah-hobbit" wrote:

    > MS Word contains an ability to insert a text watermark (Format, Background,
    > Printed Watermark). Using this feature enables one to indicate (say) the
    > status of the document, eg, "draft".
    >
    > I want to do the same thing in Excel, but seem to be able to only insert a
    > background graphic (Format, Sheet, Background) from my graphics folder. I
    > would prefer not to create a text graphic if I can.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
     
    Guest, Jul 24, 2007
    #3
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    RE: How do I insert a watermark in Excel containing the word "draf

    I used the Microsoft info to add a "mimic watermark" in Excel 2003 (I used a
    jpeg because I wanted to show my company logo greyed out in the background).
    The watermark prints perfectly on a Laser printer but prints as a black box
    on a deskjet (even though it looks perfect in the print preview screen). I
    am certain that I have the correct printer driver. Has anyone seen this
    before? Does anyone know why it is doing it?
    --
    I know just enough to be dangerous!


    "challa prabhu" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Mimic a watermark in Excel
    >
    > Watermark functionality is not available in Excel. If you want to display a
    > graphic on every printed page (for example, to indicate that the information
    > is confidential), you can insert the graphic in a header or footer. This way,
    > the graphic appears behind the text, starting at the top or bottom of every
    > page. You can also resize or scale it to fill the page.
    >
    > 1. On the View menu, click Header and Footer.
    > 2. In the Page Setup dialog box, click Custom Header or Custom Footer.
    > 3. Click in the Left section, Center section, or Right section box.
    > 4. In the row of buttons in the Header or Footer dialog box, click Insert
    > Picture and then find the graphic you want to insert.
    > 5. Double-click the graphic to insert it in the header or footer section box.
    > 6. To resize or scale the graphic, click Format Picture in the row of
    > buttons in the Header or Footer dialog box and then, in the Format Picture
    > dialog box, select the options you want on the Size tab.
    >
    > Notes
    >
    > A. Changes to the graphic or graphic format take place immediately and can't
    > be undone.
    >
    > B. If you want to add blank space above or below a graphic, click before or
    > after &[Picture], and then press ENTER to start a new line.
    >
    > C. To replace a graphic, select &[Picture], click Insert Picture , and then
    > click Replace.
    >
    > D. Before printing, make sure the header or footer margin allows enough
    > space for the custom header or footer.
    >
    > E. To delete a graphic, select &[Picture] and then press DELETE.
    >
    > Challa Prabhu
    >
    > "C-bah-hobbit" wrote:
    >
    > > MS Word contains an ability to insert a text watermark (Format, Background,
    > > Printed Watermark). Using this feature enables one to indicate (say) the
    > > status of the document, eg, "draft".
    > >
    > > I want to do the same thing in Excel, but seem to be able to only insert a
    > > background graphic (Format, Sheet, Background) from my graphics folder. I
    > > would prefer not to create a text graphic if I can.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?
     
    Guest, Jul 30, 2007
    #4
  5. Guest

    Bob I Guest

    Re: How do I insert a watermark in Excel containing the word "draf

    Perhaps installing the latest printer driver for the deskjet will cure it.

    Jarm wrote:

    > I used the Microsoft info to add a "mimic watermark" in Excel 2003 (I used a
    > jpeg because I wanted to show my company logo greyed out in the background).
    > The watermark prints perfectly on a Laser printer but prints as a black box
    > on a deskjet (even though it looks perfect in the print preview screen). I
    > am certain that I have the correct printer driver. Has anyone seen this
    > before? Does anyone know why it is doing it?
     
    Bob I, Jul 30, 2007
    #5
  6. Guest

    Globinch

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Globinch, Jan 25, 2011
    #6
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Jason

    Adding a "draft" watermark in Excel 2000

    Jason, Oct 15, 2003, in forum: Microsoft Excel Misc
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    962
  2. Ron de Bruin

    Re: how do I print an Excel workbook with "draft" watermark

    Ron de Bruin, Aug 11, 2004, in forum: Microsoft Excel Misc
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    604
    Ron de Bruin
    Aug 11, 2004
  3. Guest
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    400
    Bill Martin
    Aug 11, 2004
  4. Guest
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    526
    Jason Morin
    Apr 4, 2005
  5. Guest

    draft watermark in excel

    Guest, Oct 31, 2007, in forum: Microsoft Excel Misc
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    956
    Bernard Liengme
    Oct 31, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page