    I want to state certain facts in both square metres and cubic metres. I type
    3m3 and 5m2 but I want the last 3 and 2 respectively show up in document the
    same way as footnote numbers do.

    Guest, Dec 21, 2004

    Here are two ways
    (Word 2003) keyboard shortcut--Select the number to superscript:
    Ctrl+Shift+=

    You could also add the Superscript button to a Toolbar. Tools | Customize.
    Click on the Commands Tab and look in the Format Category. Find Superscript
    and drag it onto a toolbar.

    tj

    Guest, Dec 21, 2004

    Mike

    First select the cube and square and then click Format/Font/Superscript.

    Victor

    Guest, Dec 21, 2004

    Chuck Davis Guest

    Word 2003 already has the superscrip and subscript icons,
    click on the little down arrow on the taskbar at the right
    of the icons, and choose Formatting and then scroll down
    to Supersript and click on it.

    Chuck Davis, Dec 21, 2004

    Klaus Linke Guest

    Hi Mike,

    You can also insert them as special symbols ² ³.

    The built-in shortcuts are Alt+Ctrl+2 and Alt+Ctrl+3 on my keyboard.
    Yours might be different.

    The character codes -- Alt+0178 and Alt+0179 -- work on any keyboard.

    Regards,
    Klaus

    Klaus Linke, Dec 21, 2004

    I show my toolbars on top of each other and am aware of the buttons
    presence-was giving the OP the benefit of the doubt the he or she would see
    the button if it was there and therfore not using 2003).
    I mentioned the version because I wasn't 100% sure the keyboard shortcut
    would match--at least one of them switched in 2003. ALT+Click no longer
    selects a Table column, for instance.

    tj

    Guest, Dec 21, 2004

    maree

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0

    To Klaus, Thank you, thank you, thank you. What a great help this is to me! Maree

    maree, Mar 25, 2012

    callum11

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    ctrl and shift and +
    :lol::blush::sleep::fool::drool::confused::dance::(:cry::cheers::mad::bow:

    callum11, Nov 6, 2013