    I need to know how to select a file from My Documents and open it in Notepad
    then insert a hyperlink, but I don't know how to do it and I can't find out
    how! So if someone could please help me I would appreciate it!

    Guest, Sep 30, 2005

    Galen Guest

    In news:,
    clallison <> had this to say:

    > I need to know how to select a file from My Documents and open it in
    > Notepad then insert a hyperlink, but I don't know how to do it and I
    > can't find out how! So if someone could please help me I would
    > appreciate it!

    Notepad is a plain text editor, you can paste or type any hyperlink you want
    into it and it will be nothing but text still. You can try a million ways, a
    thousand times, and it will still be nothing but text. If you want to open a
    ..doc file, not a .txt file and insert a hyperlink then you will want
    something like Word (which this group is for) or another document editor.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    Galen, Sep 30, 2005

    Galen wrote:
    > In news:,
    > clallison <> had this to say:

    > > I need to know how to select a file from My Documents and open it in
    > > Notepad then insert a hyperlink, but I don't know how to do it and I
    > > can't find out how! So if someone could please help me I would
    > > appreciate it!

    > Notepad is a plain text editor, you can paste or type any hyperlink you want
    > into it and it will be nothing but text still. You can try a million ways, a
    > thousand times, and it will still be nothing but text. If you want to open a
    > .doc file, not a .txt file and insert a hyperlink then you will want
    > something like Word (which this group is for) or another document editor.
    >
    > Galen

    Unless, of course, it is saved as a text type file with an ".htm"
    extension.

    --
    Vernon Hurt
    The Verminator

    , Sep 30, 2005

    Galen Guest

    In news:,
    <> had this to say:

    > Galen wrote:
    >> In news:,
    >> clallison <> had this to say:

    >>> I need to know how to select a file from My Documents and open it in
    >>> Notepad then insert a hyperlink, but I don't know how to do it and I
    >>> can't find out how! So if someone could please help me I would
    >>> appreciate it!

    >> Notepad is a plain text editor, you can paste or type any hyperlink
    >> you want into it and it will be nothing but text still. You can try
    >> a million ways, a thousand times, and it will still be nothing but
    >> text. If you want to open a .doc file, not a .txt file and insert a
    >> hyperlink then you will want something like Word (which this group
    >> is for) or another document editor.
    >>
    >> Galen

    > Unless, of course, it is saved as a text type file with an ".htm"
    > extension.

    <g> Sad but true is that I still do most of my markup, web-based scripting,
    and occasionally VBScript in notepad. So, I suppose you *can* do so if you
    really want but, and I admit that I do it in the most silly way, but it's a
    rather long process for someone who's got to ask. Start > run > type
    "notepad" without the quotes > press CTRL + O to open a file > navigate to
    the file you want to open > then... depending on the language... insert your
    hyperlink. For something like hypertext the input would be <a
    href="http://www.domain.com">http://www.domain.com (or text)</a> or just
    creating a new document, adding the tags, and saving it as "any file" with
    the .htm or .html extension would work.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    Galen, Sep 30, 2005