    ultra_xcyter
    ultra_xcyter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9946
    View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383518

    ultra_xcyter, Jun 30, 2005

  2. ultra_xcyter

    swatsp0p Guest

    You need to modify the AutoCorrect setting. From Tools>Options
    |Spelling, click "Auto Correct Options..."

    Scroll down to find the (c) and edit it to [c] and click OK.

    now, (c) will remain unchange, and you call the copyright symbol by
    entering [c]

    Good Luck

    Bruce

    --
    swatsp0p

    swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101
    View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383518

    swatsp0p, Jun 30, 2005

  3. ultra_xcyter

    doltish Guest

    doltish, Jun 30, 2005
  4. ultra_xcyter

    ultra_xcyter Guest

    ultra_xcyter, Jun 30, 2005
  5. ultra_xcyter

    swatsp0p Guest

    Ultra: I'm glad you found a solution. Thanks for the feedback, it i
    always appreciated.

    Doltish: I tried your tip, but for me the ' didn't do anything and m
    [c] still returned the copyright symbol. Hmmmm..... I don't know...
    must be missing something.... I tried changing [c] back to (c) in th
    AutoCorrect option to no avail. '(c) still brought up the symbol.

    Bruc

    --
    swatsp0

    swatsp0p, Jun 30, 2005
  6. Alternatively:
    -Type (c) + space (entering the space invokes auto-correct and changes
    your entry to the copyright symbol)
    -Ctrl+Z (undo last action: i.e., the autocorrect. Your entry is
    restored.)
    -Finally, press Enter
    --
    George Nicholson

    Remove 'Junk' from return address.

    George Nicholson, Jun 30, 2005
  7. ultra_xcyter

    swatsp0p Guest

    swatsp0p, Jun 30, 2005
  8. ultra_xcyter

    Donald Gudehus

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2008
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks for the tip. Under Tools/AutoCorrect... I simply unchecked all 4 boxes. That way I get exactly what I type, rather than unexpected results. Sometimes big brother doesn't know best.

    Donald Gudehus, Nov 4, 2008