How do I get rid of the copyright symbol?

ultra_xcyter

I am trying to enter "(c)" into a cell and everytime I do that, Excel
automatically converts it to the copyright symbol, which I don't want.
I've tried formatting the cell to text, general, etc. but that doesn't
work.

Is there a way to enter "(c)" without it automatically being converted
to the copyright symbol?

Thank you in advice for any advice/tips.

swatsp0p

You need to modify the AutoCorrect setting. From Tools>Options
|Spelling, click "Auto Correct Options..."

Scroll down to find the (c) and edit it to [c] and click OK.

now, (c) will remain unchange, and you call the copyright symbol by
entering [c]

Good Luck

Bruce

doltish

You could also try placing a ' mark before your input. That usuall
tells Excel not to modify what you enter into the cell at all. So '(c
should work. It's a magical thing that somebody taught me a while ag
that has saved me so many headaches since

ultra_xcyter

Doltish & Swatsp0p: Both your suggestions worked great! Thank you ver
much for your help. No more headaches for me! Or at least until nex
time

swatsp0p

Ultra: I'm glad you found a solution. Thanks for the feedback, it i
always appreciated.

Doltish: I tried your tip, but for me the ' didn't do anything and m
[c] still returned the copyright symbol. Hmmmm..... I don't know...
must be missing something.... I tried changing [c] back to (c) in th
AutoCorrect option to no avail. '(c) still brought up the symbol.

Bruc

George Nicholson

Alternatively:
-Type (c) + space (entering the space invokes auto-correct and changes
your entry to the copyright symbol)
-Ctrl+Z (undo last action: i.e., the autocorrect. Your entry is
restored.)
-Finally, press Enter
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"ultra_xcyter" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the tip. Under Tools/AutoCorrect... I simply unchecked all 4 boxes. That way I get exactly what I type, rather than unexpected results. Sometimes big brother doesn't know best.