    I don't know what happened to my outlook inbox page but recently all my
    deleted items have returned and are shown with a strike through them and I
    can't get rid of them, question is how can I get rid of them

    Rui de Bogas, Aug 14, 2009

  2. If it's an IMAP account, click Edit/Remove deleted messages (or something
    similar).

    --
    Best regards
    Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

    : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
    : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
    : <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>

    Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook], Aug 14, 2009

  3. Rui de Bogas

    VanguardLH Guest

    Rui de Bogas wrote:

    > I don't know what happened to my outlook inbox page but recently all my
    > deleted items have returned and are shown with a strike through them and I
    > can't get rid of them, question is how can I get rid of them

    You forgot to mention you are using an IMAP account type in Outlook.
    That's how deletion works in IMAP. The local item is eligible for
    deletion but it doesn't get deleted on the server until the next mail
    poll or whenever you sync Outlook with your account. IMAP is to keep
    your local e-mail client and your mailbox in sync. The strikethrough
    shows that you deleted the local copy and have yet to delete the server
    copy.

    You can either wait until the next mail poll or use the Purge to do a
    sync now.

    VanguardLH, Aug 15, 2009