    it says I do not have the required translator. When I try to install the
    translator it says "the feature you are trying to use is on a network
    resource that is unavailable". Please help!

    Guest, Jul 10, 2006

  2. Sam <> wrote:

    > I am trying to import my address book from an excel worksheet to
    > outlook, but it says I do not have the required translator. When I
    > try to install the translator it says "the feature you are trying to
    > use is on a network resource that is unavailable". Please help!

    You seem to have installed Outlook from a network drive when you installed
    Outlook originally. You must be connected to that network drive in order to
    install the missing importer.
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Jul 10, 2006

    Hi Brian,
    Thanks for replying. I think that Outlook was already installed on my
    computer when I bought it. Any ideas on how I can find the network resource.
    I appreciate your help with this.

    Guest, Jul 10, 2006
  4. Sam <> wrote:

    > Thanks for replying. I think that Outlook was already installed on my
    > computer when I bought it. Any ideas on how I can find the network
    > resource. I appreciate your help with this.

    Your PC vendor owes you some method of reinstalling all the software they
    installed at the factory. Mine, for example, came with installation CDs
    that I could use to reinstall everything if I choose. Look through the
    material you received with your PC for any installation disks. That won't
    supply a "network resource": because only by connecting to the network used
    when the software was installed will you gain access to the original network
    resource. You may have to uninstall and reinstall using your CDs, if any.
    If you don't have the CDs, complain to your PC vendor.
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Jul 11, 2006