    I'm afraid I may have deleted something to cause this. SQL, MSSQL$MSMLBIZ is
    started.

    Would appreciate any assistance.

    Fairlight, Dec 22, 2007

  2. Fairlight

    Fairlight Guest

    Here's a copy of my reply to the person that provided the tip for the fix:

    When opening Outlook I would receive the message: BCM for Outllook could not
    connect to the shared database. Do you want to work offline? Outlook then
    opened just fine and when I clicked on BCM this message appeared: The set of
    folders cannot be opened. Store not configured.

    It's been like that for a couple of weeks now.

    I posted a message tonight, 12-21-07, after exhausting numerous avenues (and
    myself) in an attempt to reconnect to the BCM. Then I found your message,
    which provided some very simple steps I had not tried, and in about a minute
    and a half my problem was fixed!

    I had changed the name of my computer and so the BCM just did not know where
    to look for the data any longer. Following your advice, I went to File, Data
    File Management, Data Files, and BCM. Typed in the new computer name and all
    was well once again. That was all it needed; what a simple fix!

    Fairlight, Dec 22, 2007

  3. Fairlight

    Guest

    stil doesn't work for me
    On Friday, December 21, 2007 8:14:01 PM UTC-5, Fairlight wrote:
    > When starting Outlook receive msg: Business Contact Manager for Outlook could
    > not connect to the shared database. Do you wnat to work offline. (no)
    >
    > Then when in Outlook and click on Business Contact Manager or Accounts in
    > BCM, the following message appears: The set of folders cannot be opened.
    > Store not configured.
    >
    > I'm afraid I may have deleted something to cause this. SQL, MSSQL$MSMLBIZ is
    > started.
    >
    > Would appreciate any assistance.

    , Jul 13, 2012