    I need to know the LAN id of my PC. I think there is a DOS
    comand I can use to find this but i can't remember what it
    is!

    John Bennett, Jan 14, 2004

  2. John Bennett

    Herb Martin Guest

    "John Bennett" <> wrote in message
    news:080f01c3da89$52dce990$...
    > I need to know the LAN id of my PC. I think there is a DOS
    > comand I can use to find this but i can't remember what it
    > is!

    What do you mean by the LAN ID?

    Chance are that "IPConfig /all" will do what you want but the term you
    used is not the common way of saying it.

    IF you run TCP/IP which most people do these days, then IPConfig /ALL
    will show both your IP address AND your MAC (hardware NIC) address.

    NetSh.exe is much more complicated to use but it can also give you this
    information.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Jan 14, 2004