    someone that knows Visual Basic for Outlook, but that seems like overkill for
    my problem. Does anyone know how to customize the existing pull down in the
    existing "Status" Field. Thank you, Steve

    Guest, Apr 8, 2007

  2. There's nothing to figure out, because what you want to do is not possible. The values available for the Status field are tied to an enumeration in the Outlook object model, so they can't be changed.

    While you could customize a task form to add a custom page with a combo box for a custom field, custom dropdowns in the folder view are also not supported.

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Apr 8, 2007

    Re: How do I customize the the choices in the Status Field of Task

    Thank you for your advice Sue. Could we create a doskey macro that would
    operate at the curser position or doesn't doskey work within Outlook? Thank
    you for your response. Steve

    Guest, Apr 10, 2007
  4. Re: How do I customize the the choices in the Status Field of Task

    Sorry, but I don't know anything about doskey.

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Apr 11, 2007
  5. Re: How do I customize the the choices in the Status Field of Task

    You could use SendKeys, but that's not a real solution that is reliable.

    --
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP - Outlook]
    Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
    http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

    Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook], Apr 11, 2007