How do i copy and paste a "symbol" in Microsoft word?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access' started by Guest, Oct 28, 2004.

    I need symbols (especially scientist/doctors symbols) to copy and paste. All
    that appears is a "box". How can I find and/or convert?

    Guest, Oct 28, 2004

    John Vinson Guest

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:35:03 -0700, "uchsc lost" <uchsc
    > wrote:

    >I need symbols (especially scientist/doctors symbols) to copy and paste. All
    >that appears is a "box". How can I find and/or convert?

    Please ask this question in a newsgroup which supports Microsoft Word;
    this newsgroup is for a different program, Microsoft Access. You'll
    need to use a font which includes the symbols you want; Times New
    Roman doesn't have a minim or a scruple symbol. The folks in the Word
    newsgroups should be able to help.

    John W. Vinson[MVP]
    Join the online Access Chats
    Tuesday 11am EDT - Thursday 3:30pm EDT
    http://community.compuserve.com/msdevapps

    John Vinson, Oct 28, 2004

  3. The same as in most programs.

    Open: Start - All Programs - System Tools - Character Map

    Follow the instructions.

    If you use the same one(s) often, then consider adding them to some sort
    of auto replace in Word. For more information ....

    Sorry this is the MS Access (the database program) newsgroup. Try a
    newsgroup devoted to the program you are using. You should find people
    better able to address your problem there than here.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Oct 28, 2004