    play it on a MAC. How do we embed the fonts so that, no matter what machine
    it is played on, it will play and look correct? Please send any answers to

    thanks

    Guest, Nov 16, 2004

    Kathy J Guest

    You can't embed fonts for presentations going to the Mac. Also, if you are
    embedding fonts, you need to make sure that everyone getting the
    presentation has all the fonts. Otherwise, they may have problems opening it
    in PPT 2003. See these entries from Steve Rindsberg's PPT FAQ for more
    information:
    PowerPoint opens presentations as Read Only, won't allow editing when fonts
    embedded
    http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00637.htm

    Embedding fonts
    http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00076.htm

    (And, sorry - but, no I won't email you. Threads on the newsgroup help the
    most people. Chances are that if you have this question, others do too. In
    fact, that's why it is addressed in the two FAQ entries. :) )
    --
    Kathryn Jacobs, Microsoft MVP PowerPoint and OneNote
    Author of Kathy Jacobs on PowerPoint - Available now from Holy Macro! Books

    Kathy J, Nov 16, 2004

    Check out "PC to Mac and Back" from the PPT FAQ:

    http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00281.htm

    --David

    David M. Marcovitz
    http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/

    Guest, Nov 16, 2004

    Robert Guest

    This may be naive, but couldn't you convert it to a web page that would be
    Mac compatible? Hope so, since I'm planning to do this.
    Robert

    "David M. Marcovitz" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Robert, Nov 17, 2004
  5. In article <HVQmd.393$>, Robert wrote:
    > This may be naive, but couldn't you convert it to a web page that would be
    > Mac compatible? Hope so, since I'm planning to do this.

    That still wouldn't solve the font problem, would it?

    > Robert
    >
    > "David M. Marcovitz" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    > > Check out "PC to Mac and Back" from the PPT FAQ:
    > >
    > > http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00281.htm
    > >
    > > --David
    > >
    > > David M. Marcovitz
    > > Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
    > > http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/
    > >
    > > "meanhippie" wrote:
    > >
    > >> we have created a presentaion in PC powerpoint and we need to convert it
    > >> to a
    > >> presentation that we can send to you numerous people - some of which will
    > >> play it on a MAC. How do we embed the fonts so that, no matter what
    > >> machine
    > >> it is played on, it will play and look correct? Please send any answers
    > >>

    > >> thanks

    Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
    PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
    PPTools: www.pptools.com