    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Mike

    Nicholas Guest

    Mike --

    One cannot change the language version of Windows XP.
    You must purchase the "Full Spanish Version" of Windows XP,
    reformat your drive and install it "clean". The alternative is to
    create a dual-boot configuration which requires an available,
    empty partition. You can purchase and use Partition Magic 8
    (www.powerquest.com) to accomplish this.

    If you have a desktop computer, or a notebook computer that
    will accept a second hard drive, you can install a second hard
    drive and install the "Full Spanish Version" on it and end up
    with a dual language boot configuration.

    Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

    Welcome to WorldLanguage.com!
    http://www.worldlanguage.com/

    --
    Nicholas

    Nicholas, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Nicholas

    Then why did xp ask what language to use, when doing a clean install?
    xp did most of the install in english, then it ask me if I wanted to
    change language? I don't have a full install or and upgrade.
    I have pre-installed xp version.

    Greg P Rozelle.

    >n Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:23:52 -0500, "Nicholas" <> wrote:

    >Mike --
    >
    >One cannot change the language version of Windows XP.
    >You must purchase the "Full Spanish Version" of Windows XP,
    >reformat your drive and install it "clean". The alternative is to
    >create a dual-boot configuration which requires an available,
    >empty partition. You can purchase and use Partition Magic 8
    >(www.powerquest.com) to accomplish this.
    >
    >If you have a desktop computer, or a notebook computer that
    >will accept a second hard drive, you can install a second hard
    >drive and install the "Full Spanish Version" on it and end up
    >with a dual language boot configuration.
    >
    >Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;282089
    >
    >Welcome to WorldLanguage.com!
    >http://www.worldlanguage.com/=20
    >

    >--=20
    >Nicholas

    >"Mike" <> wrote in message:
    >
    >| Hello,
    >|=20
    >| I just bought an HP Pavilion Notebook (product #ze4401)=20
    >| and I am in need of help with changing Windows XP from=20
    >| English to Spanish. Does anybody know how to do this? In=20
    >| other words, can my current XP English version be=20
    >| converted to Spanish or do I have to buy the box XP=20
    >| Spanish version and load it on my computer? I am=20
    >| completely lost! I've called HP but they don't have a=20
    >| clue. They told me to contact Microsoft.=20
    >|=20
    >| Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >|=20
    >| Thanks,
    >|=20
    >| Mike

    Disclaimer
    My advice is as-is. It could trash your system.

    Greg P Rozelle, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Mike

    Nicholas Guest

    Greg --

    What you post is pure nonsense 99% of the time. You were
    probably asked what language version for regional settings and keyboard,
    which has nothing to do with the language XP uses for its GUI.

    --
    Nicholas

    Nicholas, Aug 20, 2003
  5. Nicholas,

    Don't call all my post nonsense. Thats rude and You are acting like
    Kurttrail.

    The group I normally post in is called
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    Which "general" means anything do with computers. Most of my post
    have something to do with computers or the web. Mvp don't always
    know the correct answers either. I do have a right to be in these
    groups just as much as anyone else does. These groups are called
    "public" not "private" I have helped alot people. I know alot about
    computers. I don't consider my self a novice. I have put four
    operating systems on one computer. A novice could not do this.
    (Drdos, Win98se,WinMe, Winxp).

    Greg P Rozelle

    Greg P Rozelle, Aug 21, 2003
  6. Mike

    mikey Guest

    give this a shot.

    Language Select

    Here is what I got as to language and keyboard:

    How to install IMEs

    Control Panel

    Regional and Language Options icon

    Languages tab

    Select Install files for languages if choice

    (you may be prompted for WinXP CD)

    Control Panel

    Languages tab

    Details button

    Advanced tab

    Add button

    Input language

    Select language of choice

    Microsoft IME Standard ver. 8.1

    Click on the EN on the taskbar and change it to language of choice

    and Show the Language Bar

    Configure the settings

    Input Style

    Input Mode

    Conversion Mode

    IME PadToo

    Tools

    Annie E.

    OR

    How to Install the Multilingual Components for non-Western Languages:

    A Step-by-Step Guide

    http://www.cet.middlebury.edu/rsrc_multilingual_install.php

    "Mike" <> wrote in message news:0c7801c3675b$5af004b0$...
    Hello,

    I just bought an HP Pavilion Notebook (product #ze4401)
    and I am in need of help with changing Windows XP from
    English to Spanish. Does anybody know how to do this? In
    other words, can my current XP English version be
    converted to Spanish or do I have to buy the box XP
    Spanish version and load it on my computer? I am
    completely lost! I've called HP but they don't have a
    clue. They told me to contact Microsoft.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    ---

    mikey, Aug 21, 2003
  7. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I want to thank you all for giving me good advice on how
    to solve my Windows XP language problem
    (English---->Spanish).

    Have a great week!

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 21, 2003
  8. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi Nicholas,

    Thanks for that piece of information. My problem now is
    that if I do install a new copy of Windows XP in Spanish,
    I will not have any programs left which come with the new
    computer (for example, WordPerfect, and a host of other
    free software). What would I have to do now? Is it
    possible to burn WordPerfect and other programs from my
    new computer and then load them on the Windows XP version
    after it is installed?

    Any ideas you have would be great!

    Mike

    -------------

    Mike, Aug 21, 2003
  9. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Sorry, that last sentence should read:

    Is it possible to burn WordPerfect and other programs
    from my new computer and then load them on the Windows
    XP "Spanish" version after it is installed? I accidently
    left out the word "Spanish."

    Mike

    -

    Mike, Aug 21, 2003