    Document Grid Tab in Page Setup in the File menu but I can't find this tab?
    Is there another way to change the number of lines per page, or how do I find
    this tab?

    Guest, Dec 29, 2004

  2. The feature you're asking about is only available if support for
    Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, or Korean is enabled
    through Microsoft Office Language Settings.

    garfield-n-odie, Dec 29, 2004
  3. But note that the number of lines per page can be tweaked using paragraph
    spacing. For more, see http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BottomLine.htm

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Dec 29, 2004

    Thanks so much for your help.

    childeroland

    Guest, Dec 29, 2004

    Ms. Barnhill:
    Do you know how to change the number of lines per page without changing the
    line spacing? I need 25 lines per page, if possible, with double spacing.

    thanks,
    childeroland

    Guest, Dec 29, 2004

    Garfield here again... One way, assuming you are using a U.S. letter-size
    page with 1" margins on the top and bottom, is to select the text and click
    on Format | Paragraph | Indents and Spacing | Line spacing: Exactly: 25.5 pt

    Guest, Dec 29, 2004
  7. To get exactly 25 lines per page, you will have to change either the line
    spacing or the margins. With the default 1" top and bottom margins, you will
    need line spacing of Exactly 25 pts. Note, however, that your effective
    margins will be slightly larger than 1". If you set the top and bottom
    margins to 0.9" and use Exactly 26 pt line spacing, you *may* get a closer
    fit. Interestingly, when I do this, I get 25 lines per page in both Print
    Layout view and Print Preview, but when I print, I get only 24 lines on the
    page. The top margin is 1", and the bottom margin would be, too, if the 25th
    line were actually printed.

    Note that 25-pt line spacing is actually greater than "double" spacing on a
    typewriter, which is 24 pts (3 lpi).

    --

    "childeroland" <> wrote in message
    > Ms. Barnhill:
    > Do you know how to change the number of lines per page without changing

    the
    > line spacing? I need 25 lines per page, if possible, with double spacing.
    >
    > thanks,
    > childeroland
    >
    > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
    >
    > > But note that the number of lines per page can be tweaked using

    paragraph
    > > spacing. For more, see

    http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BottomLine.htm

    > > --
    > > Suzanne S. Barnhill
    > > Microsoft MVP (Word)
    > > Words into Type
    > > Fairhope, Alabama USA
    > > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
    > > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the

    newsgroup so
    > > all may benefit.
    > >
    > > "garfield-n-odie" <> wrote in

    message

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Dec 29, 2004

    yes, i've got it now. not such a stubborn program, when you know how to work
    it. thank you.

    childeroland

    Guest, Dec 29, 2004

    got it now. not such a stubborn program when it's in the cooperative mood.
    grateful for your help.

    childeroland

    Guest, Dec 29, 2004
  10. Thanks for reminding me that Word will accept fractional point sizes!

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Dec 29, 2004