How do I calculate standard error in excel?

JoeU2004

Kyle said:
How do I calculate standard error in excel?

=STDEV(range) / SQRT(COUNT(range))

Note that in Excel, STDEV is the sample std dev (variance computed using
n-1), not the population std dev (STDEVP; variance computed using n)

Luke M

If your referring to statistics, I think you mean standard deviation (how far
data is off from the average). In which case, you want to use STDEV.

Jim Cone

Look up "standard error" in the Excel help file and see what is says about "STEYX"
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Kyle" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
How do I calculate standard error in excel?

Francis

assuming that your data are as :
Known y's are in range A2: A20
Known x's are in tange B2 : B20

try this
=STEYX(A2:A20,B2:B20)
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

JoeU2004

Errata....
=STDEV(range) / SQRT(COUNT(range))

As others noted, arguably it depends on what standard error you want. The
formula above is the standard error of the mean.