    at different prices?

    Thanks in advance.
    Doc.

    Doctor Lard, Apr 21, 2008

  2. Doctor Lard

    Luther Guest

    On Apr 21, 8:58 am, Doctor Lard <>
    wrote:
    > Hi folks.
    >
    > I'm very new to BCM but thus far I like it.
    > One thing I can see already though that may stop me adopting it for the
    > company is the 'hard-coding' of price information.
    > Let's say I sell a range of systems based on the same product to a range of
    > customers at a range of prices.
    > I don't want each separately-priced system to be a separate product in the
    > list but I can't see any other way of doing it.
    > I have very little in the way of 'standard pricing'; doe BCM support 'custom
    > pricing' whereby I can have opportunities with the same prodcuts/services but
    > at different prices?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Doc.

    I can add two items to an opportunity, with the same name and
    different unit prices.

    Luther, Apr 22, 2008

  3. Doctor Lard

    Doctor Lard Guest

    "Luther" wrote:

    > On Apr 21, 8:58 am, Doctor Lard <>
    > wrote:
    > > Hi folks.
    > >
    > > I'm very new to BCM but thus far I like it.
    > > One thing I can see already though that may stop me adopting it for the
    > > company is the 'hard-coding' of price information.
    > > Let's say I sell a range of systems based on the same product to a range of
    > > customers at a range of prices.
    > > I don't want each separately-priced system to be a separate product in the
    > > list but I can't see any other way of doing it.
    > > I have very little in the way of 'standard pricing'; doe BCM support 'custom
    > > pricing' whereby I can have opportunities with the same prodcuts/services but
    > > at different prices?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > > Doc.

    > I can add two items to an opportunity, with the same name and
    > different unit prices.

    You're right - I was being a bit dense!
    Thanks for the reply - it pointed me in the right direction.

    Doctor Lard, Apr 23, 2008
  4. Doctor Lard

    Kelly Guest

    "Doctor Lard" wrote:

    > "Luther" wrote:
    >
    > > On Apr 21, 8:58 am, Doctor Lard <>
    > > wrote:
    > > > Hi folks.
    > > >
    > > > I'm very new to BCM but thus far I like it.
    > > > One thing I can see already though that may stop me adopting it for the
    > > > company is the 'hard-coding' of price information.
    > > > Let's say I sell a range of systems based on the same product to a range of
    > > > customers at a range of prices.
    > > > I don't want each separately-priced system to be a separate product in the
    > > > list but I can't see any other way of doing it.
    > > > I have very little in the way of 'standard pricing'; doe BCM support 'custom
    > > > pricing' whereby I can have opportunities with the same prodcuts/services but
    > > > at different prices?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance.
    > > > Doc.

    > > I can add two items to an opportunity, with the same name and
    > > different unit prices.
    > >

    > You're right - I was being a bit dense!
    > Thanks for the reply - it pointed me in the right direction.

    Hello,
    I am new to BCM also... and have to throw in that I am an avid ACT user and
    the ACT administrator for our company but we would like to switch over to BCM
    for various reasons. In the month that I have been beta testing BCM I have
    had the need to put in negative numbers (-$1596.00) as in a credit, in an
    opportunity. And have yet to figure out how to do this.
    I have looked through the posts and this is the only one I found that came
    close to the subject.
    Thanks for any and all help!
    Kelly

    Kelly, Jun 19, 2008