    I am revising a large PPT 2007 presentation. I am sing notes pages, and I
    have changed the notes master. How do I apply this change to all the slides
    in the presentation without having to do it slide by slide?

    Pat, Apr 2, 2008

  2. Pat

    Lucy Thomson Guest

    Hi Pat

    Go to View -> Notes Master (not Notes Page - it's on the right hand side of
    the Presentation Views group) and make the changes there - the whole
    presentation should update.

    Lucy

    --
    Lucy Thomson
    PowerPoint MVP

    Lucy Thomson, Apr 2, 2008

  3. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Hi Lucy,

    Thanks, but I did make the change on the notes master. It does not change
    the notes pages, and then I need to right click on each page, go to notes
    layout, and click on reapply mater. There must be an easier way!

    Pat, Apr 2, 2008
  4. Pat

    Lucy Thomson Guest

    Hi Pat

    Hmmm. I see that behaviour here if I have already manipulated a notes page -
    that is notes pages I have left alone update with the master but ones I have
    tinkered with don't.

    I've had a good old hunt about and I can't find an 'update all' option
    anywhere. Also, creating a new ppt(x) and re-using the slides doesn't work.

    One of the VBA experts may have an answer for you....

    Aha! I found this on the FAQ:
    Reapply the Notes Master to each Notes Page in a presentation
    http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00760.htm

    If you aren't sure how to use VBA, there is a link at the end of the
    article. I'm not sure it will work in 2007 but it's worth a try (on a copy
    of your presentation just in case).

    Lucy

    Lucy Thomson, Apr 3, 2008
  5. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Sounds a bit scary. I have bever used VBA. I will give it a try in the
    morning (i am on the other side of the world)

    How is life in Oz? I lived in Sydney for 3 years and LOVED it.

    Pat, Apr 3, 2008
  6. Pat

    Lucy Thomson Guest

    It's not that scary - honestly. And if you have any problems post the code
    here and one of the VBA-ers will give you a hand I'm sure :)

    Oz is good thanks - certainly beats the weather in the UK (where I'm from).

    Lucy

    Lucy Thomson, Apr 3, 2008
  7. Pat

    Dawn Guest

    I have had the same problem, except that when I reapply master, my slide
    placeholder is deleted, and the changes I made in the master (to the footer)
    do not actually get updated in the notes page.

    So I am stuck updating them all by hand. I would welcome a suggestion on how
    to fix this.

    I am working with ppt files in compatibility mode (because I need to use the
    ppts with web presentation applications that do not yet support office 2007
    file types).

    Dawn, May 8, 2008