    check boxes in Word 2007. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this?

    Thanks,
    Greg

    Greg, Oct 30, 2008

  2. Greg

    finalword Guest

    What sort of signature are you looking to insert? You could add a Text box
    so that they type their name, but I'm betting that you are looking for more
    than this. Can you provide further information?

    finalword, Oct 30, 2008

  3. Greg

    Graham Mayor Guest

    If your users are known in advance you could setup a dropdown field with
    their names and call the signature files based on the result. The principle
    is that at http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm, which can be used with
    IncludePicture or Autotext fields instead.

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Oct 31, 2008
  4. Greg

    Greg Guest

    RE: How do I allow a user to insert signature into a protected for

    Sorry, I should've provided more detail.

    I need the user to insert an image file of their hand-written signature.
    Unfortunately I don't know the end users, so it can't be solved by using a
    drop down menu.

    Other ideas?

    Thanks,
    Greg

    Greg, Oct 31, 2008
  5. Greg

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Re: How do I allow a user to insert signature into a protected for

    In that case you will have to leave an unprotected section in which users
    can insert the image of choice.

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Greg wrote:
    > Sorry, I should've provided more detail.
    >
    > I need the user to insert an image file of their hand-written
    > signature. Unfortunately I don't know the end users, so it can't be
    > solved by using a drop down menu.
    >
    > Other ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Greg
    >
    > "finalword" wrote:
    >
    >> What sort of signature are you looking to insert? You could add a
    >> Text box so that they type their name, but I'm betting that you are
    >> looking for more than this. Can you provide further information?
    >>
    >> "Greg" wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm creating a simple protected form that is a series of text
    >>> fields and check boxes in Word 2007. Does anyone know the easiest
    >>> way to do this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Greg

    Graham Mayor, Oct 31, 2008
  6. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Re: How do I allow a user to insert signature into a protected for

    Thanks Graham,

    How do you do that in Word 2007?

    Greg

    Greg, Oct 31, 2008
  7. Greg

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Re: How do I allow a user to insert signature into a protected for

    Insert a section break before the space where the image will go. (and one
    after it if not at the end).
    From the developer tab > Protect document > restrict Formatting & Editing >
    Editing Restrictions > Filling In Forms > Select sections > Check all but
    the section to be unprotected. > Start Enforcing Protection.
    For creating forms in 2007 see also
    http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic Form Controls.htm

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Oct 31, 2008
  8. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Re: How do I allow a user to insert signature into a protected for

    Thanks a ton! That worked. One final question related to this solution is
    whether it's possible to make a section break that doesn't cause a line break.

    Greg

    Greg, Oct 31, 2008
  9. Greg

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Re: How do I allow a user to insert signature into a protected for

    If you put it after a paragraph mark, you should be able to delete the extra
    paragraph mark without deleting the break. Display by clicking ¶ on the home
    tab (or CTRL+*)

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Oct 31, 2008
  10. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Re: How do I allow a user to insert signature into a protected for

    I couldn't get that to work for my purposes because I want to put text on the
    same line, after the section break. But I found a work-around in case there's
    no way to put text on a line after a section break.

    Thanks again for all the help!
    Greg

    Greg, Oct 31, 2008