How disable outlook 2003 phishing filter?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Installation' started by ~Ãð©~, Aug 1, 2008.

  1. ~Ãð©~

    ~Ãð©~ Guest

    Being a fairly competent, long-term & savvy computer tech, I can spot spam
    and phishing scams on-sight. I can usually even spot an incoming potential
    virus just by the size of the file and what it's extension is. I also
    pre-screen all my email while it's still on the server using MailWasher Pro.

    I don't need the autocratic & automatic Phishing filter that diverts every
    "suspicious message" to this obscure sub-folder. I have to check it
    frequently since Outlook does a very BAD job of recognizing incoming threats.
    Whenever I don't receive a new software registration key I've been waiting
    for, I have to think. Where is it? Phishing Box? Yep, there it is, along
    with several real eBay winning purchases and real PayPal receipts. I tried
    adding them to the "trusted" category - no luck - back to the Phishing box. I
    did manage to turn off the "Spam Box/Junk mailbox", but the phishing filter
    answer eludes me.

    I've searched high & low, checked Microsoft's archives, Googled for hours
    with no luck. Lots of material on how to set-up Outlook's security features
    if you feel you need them. Anyone have an answer how to disable this feature?

    TIA;
    ~Ãð©~ www.pcmedix.ca

    ~Ãð©~, Aug 1, 2008

  2. ~Ãð©~

    DL Guest

    If you have a 'Phishing' Folder its been created by your anti virus program
    that you chose to integrate with Outlook.
    Outlook has a junk mail folder, in OL2003 sp2 suspected phishing mail is
    directed to the Junk Mail folder

    DL, Aug 2, 2008