How can MAPI32.dll be fixed when fixmapi.exe wont fix it?

I am trying to use Outlook 2003. Clicking to start it results in error msg
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or wrong version.
This could have been caused by installing other MSNCON32.DLL messaging
software. Please reinstall Outlook." The posted fix of renaming MAPI.32.dll
MAPI32.old and running Fixmapi.exe will not fix the problem. Are there any
other possible solutions to try?
Thanks
Rick

Roady [MVP]

What if you run Detect and Repair?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
"Outlook 2003 MAPI32.dll Problem" <Outlook 2003 MAPI32.dll
I am trying to use Outlook 2003. Clicking to start it results in error msg
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or wrong version.
This could have been caused by installing other MSNCON32.DLL messaging
software. Please reinstall Outlook." The posted fix of renaming MAPI.32.dll
MAPI32.old and running Fixmapi.exe will not fix the problem. Are there any
other possible solutions to try?
Thanks
Rick

You could start with creating a new profile.
Refer the following link for additional info:

Also, if the above method fails, try the following-

(1) Remove Outlook from Add/Remove Programs>[Add/Remove Features], [Next],
[Choose Advanced Customization], [Next], change "Microsoft Outlook" to "Not
Available", [Update].
(2) Run a search for the following Mapi files and rename them to '.old'.

Mapi.dll
Mapisp32.exe
Mapisrvr.exe
Mapiu.dll
Mapix.dll
Mapix32.dll
Mspst32.dll

(3) Insert the Office 2003 Disc and re-install Outlook by going under
[Add/Remove Features], [Next], [Choose Advanced Customization], [Next],
change "Microsoft Outlook" to "Run all from My Computer", [Update].

This should help you to re-install Outlook with new files.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Mittu

Looking around the various posts, I see that these MAPI problems are pretty
endemic when one installs Outlook 2007 beta alongside Outlook 2003, then you
uninstall the beta and try to revert to 2003. The good solution is as given
below. I just renamed mapi32.dll and msmapi32.dll to *.old and that worked
very well. Thank you to all who posted on this topic!

Hi,

Outlook 2003 MAPI32.dll Problem said:
I am trying to use Outlook 2003. Clicking to start it results in error msg
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or wrong version.
This could have been caused by installing other MSNCON32.DLL messaging
software. Please reinstall Outlook." The posted fix of renaming MAPI.32.dll
MAPI32.old and running Fixmapi.exe will not fix the problem. Are there any
other possible solutions to try?
Thanks
Rick

Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Delete the following file msmapi32.dll from the following location. C:\program files\common files\system\msmapi\1033 this should fix the problem. If you are using Vista (sick sick) you will need to change the security permissions to give you full access to the file. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Joined
Oct 29, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Well Done It Woked a Lot To ME .... Thanks A Lot.....

Well Done ....... Well Done It Woked a Lot To ME .... Thanks A Lot..... Problem Solved