    I assume that this is an available character in one of the standard fonts,
    but I can't find it.

    Thanks.

    Eric_NY, Apr 23, 2009

  2. Eric_NY

    JR Hester Guest

    I, too, am sure there is a alt code for the paragraph mark. However you can
    insert that character using te teh insert symbol, special characters tab.

    HTH

    JR Hester, Apr 23, 2009

  3. Eric_NY

    Eric_NY Guest

    Thanks.

    Eric_NY, Apr 23, 2009
  4. Eric_NY

    JoAnn Paules Guest

    Alt + 0182

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    JoAnn Paules, Apr 23, 2009
  5. I'm a new Word 2007 user and other new users may not know that, in Word
    2007, it's necessary first to engage the keyboard "Num Lock" key before
    entering ANSI code numbers. The Num Lock key is at the upper-left corner of
    the numeric keypad which is on the right end of the standard keyboard. It's
    not in the QWERTY section of the keyboard.

    Engage the Num Lock key, press the Alt key and hold it in while you type in
    the ANSI code from the numeric keypad (not from the row of numbers atop the
    QWERTY section of the keyboard). When the desired character has popped up
    on the screen, press the Num Lock key again to disengage the key and to
    continue with the normal use of the keyboard.

    (The "paragraph character" is called a "pilcrow.")

    Jeff Hook, NJ, USA

    "JoAnn Paules" <> wrote in message
    Alt + 0182

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    Jeffrey L. Hook, Apr 23, 2009
  6. The procedure is the same in all versions of Word (and of course a little
    more difficult on a laptop with no numeric keypad).

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Apr 23, 2009
  7. Eric_NY

    grammatim Guest

    If you use the Unicode number rather than the ANSI number, you type it
    on the regular numbers and follow it with Alt-X.

    ("Pilcrow" is an abomination invented not too many years ago, of
    unknown etymology and with no historical use in typography.)

    grammatim, Apr 24, 2009
  8. Eric_NY

    macropod Guest

    Another way is to press Ctrl-F9 to create a pair of field braces (ie '{}') and type 'QUOTE 182' between them (ie '{QUOTE 182}'),
    then press F9.

    --
    Cheers
    macropod