    How can I turn "system idle process" ???

    please help me

    thanks

    madismisback, Aug 12, 2003

  2. madismisback

    EGMcCann Guest

    Turn it how? On? Off? Around?
    Don't worry about it, it's supposed to be running, yes and showing a high
    percentage.

    --
    If you have to ask if your copy of XP is 32 or 64 bit, it's 32.
    Getting Messenger popups? Turn on your firewall!

    (Stolen with pride from Gary Thorn... thanks!)

    EGMcCann, Aug 12, 2003

  3. madismisback

    Chris Lanier Guest

    what do u mean "turn"?

    Chris Lanier, Aug 12, 2003
  4. madismisback

    Strontium Guest

    Fire up SETI or Prime95. That'll do it.

    -
    Ken Blake stood up at show-n-tell, in , and

    --
    Strontium

    "You may be right! It's all a waste of time! I guess
    that's just a chance I'm prepared to take....A danger
    I'm prepared to face.....Cut to the chase." - RUSH

    Strontium, Aug 12, 2003
  5. Bitstring <>, from the wonderful person
    Ken Blake <> said
    >In news:0e5001c3610b$63108f30$,
    >madismisback <> typed:
    >
    >> How can I turn "system idle process" ?

    >Turn it to what? Do you mean turn it *off*?
    >
    >"System Idle Process" is the name for what the computer is doing
    >when it isn't doing anything. It's just there to make the total
    >add up to 100%. There's nothing to turn off.

    You can download and run Prime95 (www.mersenne.org) .. that'll reduce
    system idle %age to zero right quickly (although your CPU temperature
    will go up 5-7 degrees c, and your electricity bill may increase
    slightly). 8>.

    --
    GSV Three Minds in a Can

    GSV Three Minds in a Can, Aug 12, 2003
  6. madismisback

    EGMcCann Guest

    "GSV Three Minds in a Can" <GSV@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message

    > You can download and run Prime95 (www.mersenne.org) .. that'll reduce
    > system idle %age to zero right quickly (although your CPU temperature
    > will go up 5-7 degrees c, and your electricity bill may increase
    > slightly). 8>.

    Hmmm. Have to remember that for this winter. Every ltitle bit helps. :)

    EGMcCann, Aug 12, 2003