  1. Roger Vee

    Roger Vee Guest

    How can I get a display on the screen to warn me when the caps lock is on?

    Roger Vee, Aug 10, 2008

  2. Roger Vee

    Graham Mayor Guest

    I would have thought that typing appearing in caps. or the light on the
    keyboard would have been sufficient? There is no function in Word to do
    this, but there is an assortment of third party tools you might consider -
    e.g. http://www.dkpcode.com/html/downloads.html#DKCapsLock-Status

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Aug 10, 2008

  3. Which version of Word? Word 2007 can show "Caps Lock" on the status
    bar. Right-click the status bar and select Caps Lock.

    Some keyboard software can also show a visual on your screen (such as
    Logitech).

    Cheryl

    Cheryl Flanders, Aug 10, 2008
  4. Roger Vee

    JoAnn Paules Guest

    Why doesn't the caplock light on your keyboard tell you that?

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    JoAnn Paules, Aug 10, 2008
  5. Not all keyboards have a light for Caps Lock. My Logitech does not --
    it shows a visual on the screen instead. The keyboard I had prior to
    my Logitech didn't have a light or an on-screen visual.

    Cheryl

    Cheryl Flanders, Aug 10, 2008
  6. Roger Vee

    Jay Freedman Guest

    I can't speak for Roger, but I can think of two reasons:

    - I have a wireless keyboard that (to reduce the drain on its batteries) doesn't
    have any caps lock, num lock, or scroll lock lights. There are lights on the
    receiver pod, but that's tucked away out of sight.

    - Some people (not including me) are good enough at touch typing that they don't
    often look at the keyboard.

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman

    Jay Freedman, Aug 10, 2008
  7. Roger Vee

    JoAnn Paules Guest

    I don't touch type. I watch my hands. Always have, always will. If I need to
    know if the cap lock is on I either type something or I look at the light.

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    JoAnn Paules, Aug 10, 2008