How can I remove multiple 'errors' in Excel error checking, at the same time???

bertbarndoor

So, I have a worksheet with data pasted in from a Database. I have, for
instance, a column that is all numbers stored as text. I'd like to
convert all the cells at the same time. OR, I would like excel to
ignore the error for all of them.

Forget telling me to format the column as a number. It doesn't work.
Thanks,

Rob

Lori

So, I have a worksheet with data pasted in from a Database. I have, for
instance, a column that is all numbers stored as text. I'd like to
convert all the cells at the same time. OR, I would like excel to
ignore the error for all of them.

Forget telling me to format the column as a number. It doesn't work.
Thanks,

Rob

Rob - Select a cell containing the error then hit Ctrl+A to select all
cells in the workbook. Now when you choose the option to ignore error
or convert to number it applies to all cells...

Lori

Joined
Jan 30, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
(e-mail address removed) wrote:

> So, I have a worksheet with data pasted in from a Database. I have, for
> instance, a column that is all numbers stored as text. I'd like to
> convert all the cells at the same time. OR, I would like excel to
> ignore the error for all of them.
>
> Forget telling me to format the column as a number. It doesn't work.
> Thanks,
>
> Rob

Rob - Select a cell containing the error then hit Ctrl+A to select all
cells in the workbook. Now when you choose the option to ignore error
or convert to number it applies to all cells...

Lori

That was brilliant just that it doesn't apply to the Total or Grand Total