    worksheet or someone set a password on me on an excel spreadsheet that I NEED
    to access. Does anyone know of anyway to access a protected sheet or reset a
    password on an excel sheet without losing all of the data?

    Guest, Oct 1, 2005

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Sheppy

    There are 4 forms of password protection for an Excel file.

    From your subject line and description it is hard to say which you are
    speaking of.

    Your subject states it is a spreadsheet that you want opened and your
    description speaks of worksheet protection.

    1. File to open password. Very hard to crack and would probably need a
    commercial creacker.

    2. Worksheet protection which is placed on a worksheet. File must be opened
    to set this. Easy to crack.

    3. Workbook protection on a workbook. File must be opened to set this. Easy
    to crack.

    4. VBA Project protection. Not so easy to crack.

    All 4 are addressed by John McGimpsey at his site.

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Oct 1, 2005