how can I convert .lwp documents to Word 2003

G

I am running XP pro with Office 2003 and need to convert some Lotus Wordpro
documents I have on a diskette to Word in order to work on them. Can anyone
help as Batch Conversion doesn't work

J

Joseph N.

need to convert some Lotus Wordpro documents I have on a diskette

1. Don't do anything with them on the diskette. As with all files of all types, first copy them to a local hard disk.

2. If you still have a relationship with the author/editor who sent them to you, ask him/her to re-save them as Word 2000 from within Word Pro.

3. You can buy Lotus SmartSuite v. 9.8 incredibly inexpensively from resellers such as Tekdeal.com and convert it yourself. That will probably be less time and expense than any other approach. Once you have the software (and you can run it off the CD if you or your IT dept prefers not to install it to the network), you can download a batch converter from Xpertss.com .

4. I've heard that StarOffice--but not OpenOffice.org--has a converter, but I don't know anything about its performance.

5. If you have a Verity KeyViewer, it will allow you to view, and presumably to print to an OCR setup, Lotus files of various types.

G

Thanks for your reply. I found the Verity keyviewer which allows me to view
the text and then copy and paste into Word files. As I don't have too many
lwp files, that works for me.

Best regards,

David

Ask a Question