    I cannot find that disk anymore and now I have officeXP installed and am
    trying to figure out how to open up those old *.lwp files. Any help would be
    appreciated.

    Guest, Oct 26, 2004

    Word does not have a converter for Lotus WordPro files. You might consider a
    third-party conversion program such as DataViz or Conversions Plus.

    Guest, Oct 26, 2004

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Having briefly checked the web sites these products do not convert appear to
    handle Word Pro files. I know of no converter for WordPro to Word.

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Oct 27, 2004
  4. garfield-n-odie, Oct 27, 2004
  5. But I haven't tried it myself.

    garfield-n-odie, Oct 27, 2004

    Graham Mayor Guest

    I stand corrected - my eyes glazed over before I dug down as far as that
    particular page ;)

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Oct 27, 2004

    Joseph N. Guest

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 06:44:34 GMT, Graham Mayor wrote:

    > Having briefly checked the web sites these products do not
    > convert appear to handle Word Pro files. I know of no converter
    > for WordPro to Word

    Sorry I missed the beginning of this thread. There are two
    solutions in addition to the DataViz solution (which I don't know
    anything about personally). The best solution is to use Lotus Word
    Pro, which is part of Lotus SmartSuite, which is very reasonably
    priced. From resellers, it's downright cheap. The later the
    version the better the conversion. The more advanced formatting,
    however, the more problems; there are some Word Pro features that
    are either implemented differently in Word or do not exist in Word.
    On the whole, I've had good success, especially if the Word Pro
    user first applies the msword.mwp SmartMaster to the document. The
    other solution, which I mention only to be thorough, not because I
    think it's a good solution, is that StarOffice (not OpenOffice) is
    said to have an import converter from LWP and an export into Word.
    How well either work is something I know nothing about, and I
    cannot see any reason to go that route instead of just buying
    SmartSuite or asking the person who sends you the files to convert
    them into Word.

    If you need only to view the file, not to edit it, you can find a
    Verity Key viewer--or something like that--on the IBM web site,
    which can be used to view Word Pro files.

    --
    JN

    jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
    Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "

    Joseph N., Oct 28, 2004