House extension

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I am thinking of moving house and the wife and i have seen one we like the garden is 100 foot long x 42 foot wide overlooking miles and miles of countryside. The problem is that the 3rd bedroom is only 5.8` x 5.8` tiny really. So we are thinking about extending out from the side of the house . what i need are good sites to search about the prices i could expect to pay .I dont know if there is any software out there that asks what you want and calculates a estimated cost for the work or is there ??? . I know its a long shot but if anybody could help its you guys ;) .

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
it all depends on what needs doing, but it will be more than you think

Reaction score
First things first you will need to contact your local council services and ask them about the likes of an extension. They will probably come and check the likelyhood of the extension being built. The plans will need to be written up and then submitted to the council again. If permission is granted a letter will be sent to all in your neighbourhood asking if they have any objections. Then of course you have to get quotes.

It can all work out to be very expensive depending as already said how big the extension is going to be.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys ....Architect then submit to council ..then planning permission and building regs...then 2 fees to council for planning and building ...then structual engineer to calculate size of rsg then quantity surveyor to work out size of rsg then builders fees ..etc

expensive business ...might just think about bedroom above carport extension :)

Ask a Question