    http://support.msn.com/networkstatus.aspx for hotmail it says everything is
    fine. Any ideas about what to do? It is so tedious to get Hotmail to
    respond...... Jonathan

    Jonathan B. Jung, Jun 4, 2005

  2. Jonathan B. Jung

    James Gockel Guest

    Whew, I'm glad it wasnt just me.
    I beleive, it's an issue needed to be taken up with Hotmail..
    Just be aware, hotmail is trying to get it so that Outlook users can't use
    hotmail on outlook. For now, they're only doing it to new users, but I'll
    bet this is all a ploy to get everyone to stop using outlook.
    Because every time you go hotmail.com MS makes money.
    When you use outlook MS dosn't make money.
    So if they give you an error and you can't download your email, where are
    you going to go first? www.hotmail.com? I know it, I do it too!
    -James G.

    James Gockel, Jun 4, 2005

  3. I don't know about all of the above, it may just be coincidence that this
    happened when msn started sending out their "Outlook Live" signup email.
    Nevertheless I still can't get my outlook/hotmail to work. I really don't
    want to switch email providers. Hotmail has been good. The few times they
    have had problems with there service it has been a real hassle to find out
    it's them and not my computer. They are not very forth coming with info and
    they make it a hassle to get in touch with them and forget phone
    support...since there is none. I really don't what to switch to yahoo or
    gmail....not yet....jonathan

    Jonathan B. Jung, Jun 4, 2005
  4. See the concurrent thread about this in this forum for more information, but
    it's all pretty spotty at the moment. Note also that other groups confirm
    similar/identical problems with OE access over the last week, so it's hardly
    just Outlook. Hopefully it's just another little one of their glitches
    (recall the one several months ago that lasted weeks and had people
    screaming?) that will resolve itself. It seems like it has for some already.

    Milhouse Van Houten, Jun 4, 2005
  5. Hurray

    It doesn't have to do with paid vs not paid. If you have been using Outlook
    then it should work. I just got an email from hotmail support, it states:

    Dear Jonathan,

    Thank you for writing to Hotmail Technical Support. My name is Debojit and I
    will be assisting you today.

    I understand that you are unable to access your Hotmail account using
    Outlook. I know how important it is for you to access your account using
    Outlook.

    We have verified that some other Hotmail members are also experiencing
    issues similar to the one you have reported. Our technical staff is aware of
    this situation and is currently working on a fix to this issue. I understand
    that this limits the functionalities of your account and I sincerely
    apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing.

    Your satisfaction with our services is very important to us. If you have any
    other concerns about Hotmail, please do not hesitate to write back. We
    appreciate your time and patience.

    Regards,

    Debojit

    MSN Hotmail Technical Support

    Some progress is being made.........hurray.....

    Jonathan B. Jung, Jun 5, 2005
  6. Jonathan B. Jung

    James Gockel Guest

    Re: Hurray

    yeah, progress. It's really working.. heh
    Still issues just a few moments ago.

    -James

    James Gockel, Jun 5, 2005
  7. Re: Hurray

    > yeah, progress. It's really working.. heh
    > Still issues just a few moments ago.

    I think just as this problem didn't affect all users, the fix won't
    necessarily trickle down to everyone right away. I'm seeing a lot of
    positive reports today though, and it's back to normal here after being down
    for about a week (in Outlook only -- OE was fine the whole time), so it's
    encouraging.

    Milhouse Van Houten, Jun 5, 2005