    I've reloaded outlook, no joy.
    I've re-entered all the hotmail detials in accounts, no joy

    Help!

    Guest, Mar 21, 2006

  2. do you have a paid hotmail account (hotmail plus) ? HTTP access is only
    supported with very old or paid accounts.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Mar 22, 2006

    Yes, i've had an account for some time now. The problem only started 2-3
    weeks ago. Before that i was a happy chappie.

    Guest, Mar 22, 2006

    Sorry, should have mentioned that the tie in between Outlook & my Hotmail
    account works OK on my laptop

    Guest, Mar 22, 2006

    I get the same error 0x800CCCF4 but usually when I try to send/receive
    manually. Sometimes I get the error when I open Outlook, but often not.
    Immediately after the error the auto send/receive usually works (set to every
    5 min). I have a paid hotmail account (hotmail plus), windows xp.

    Guest, Feb 5, 2007

    I start with some error like that after install IE7... if that happend to
    you, please try with:

    http://mx.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGku...ec78332c7aa/WindowsXP-KB904942-v2-x86-ESN.exe

    It could help you

    Guest, Oct 10, 2007