machine they r .
wats wrong
thanks
shaun

(e-mail address removed)

R

Ray Lava [MSFT]

Shaun,

The most likely cause for the problems that you are experiencing with you Win9x clients has to do with some additional security settings that can prevent access to downlevel clients. These security settings could be changed manually or through some kind of security template.

Please check your local security policy settings on Homer as well as the security settings on your default domain policy. These settings are located at Computer Configuration\Windows settings\security settings\local policies\security options. The default settings are below:
Digitally sign client communication (always) : Disabled

Digitally sign server communication (always) : Disabled

LAN Manager Authentication Level : Send LM & NTLM responses

Secure channel: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always) : Disabled

Secure channel: Digitally encrypt secure channel data (when possible) : Disabled

Secure channel: Digitally sign secure channel data (when possible) : Disabled

Secure channel: Require strong (Windows 2000 or later) session key : Disabled

If you have to make changes to any of these settings, please reboot homer afterward to make sure that the settings take effect. I hope this helps.

Ray Lava
Microsoft Corporation

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Ask a Question