Hogh speed low cost document scanner

RReznikoff

Is there a scanner for under $100. that can quickly scan documents and
photos? My computer has two USB1 ports. I understand that a USB2 port is
much quicker. How much money am I looking at to add a card with a couple of
USB ports? Are the cables the same for USB 1 and 2? What are your thoughts
on this?

Prosebc

Is there a scanner for under $100. that can quickly scan documents and
photos? My computer has two USB1 ports. I understand that a USB2 port is
much quicker.

I would stay away from Canon. I bought a new Lide-30 and it quickly quit
working. I took someone's advice in this newsgroup and downloaded a program
called VueScan and VueScan is the only thing that will make the screwy Canon
scanner work. On top of that, Canon has not mailed me my rebate and it has been
almost 3 months. I checked Canon's rebate service and they say the rebate is on
the way, but I wonder what route it is taking because I could have walked
around the world a few times since the first time they told me the rebate is on
the way. I don't trust Canon because they don't honor their rebates and their
scanner won't work without VueScan. Although, I must be honest and say that the
Lide30 scanner works great now that I've got it going with the VueScan
software, and the scanner only cost $70.00. I did some Google searching and
found that a lot of people are having the same trouble with Canon Lide series
scanners working a short while then quitting, and apparently the easiest way to
get them going again is to install VueScan, and since doing so I haven't had a
bit of trouble with it. Now if I could just get Canon to send my rebate...

lostinspace