    what do you suppose this empty key is ?
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\C07ft5Y\WinXP

    thanks, mike

    bumtracks, Apr 19, 2005

  2. The key itself is the path to the key. Open the registry and go there!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

    Richard Urban, Apr 19, 2005

  3. bumtracks

    Bob I Guest

    SafeDisc RefCount = Copy Protection counter?

    Bob I, Apr 19, 2005
  4. bumtracks

    Michael T Guest

    Michael T, Apr 19, 2005
  5. bumtracks

    Guest Guest

    "bumtracks" <> wrote in message
    > what do you suppose this empty key is ?
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\C07ft5Y\WinXP
    >
    > thanks, mike

    It gets created when you install something that implements copy
    protection (I forget which scheme, maybe SafeDisc, but it is the same
    one used to protect the old Thief games). When I uninstalled the games,
    I also deleted this registry key.

    ** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
    For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.

    Guest, Apr 19, 2005
  6. bumtracks

    bumtracks Guest

    After doing some searching the key was made at a windows fresh install from
    secdrv.inf on the cd made with autostreamer & winXPhome & sp2.
    [Secdrv.AddRefCount]
    HKLM,"Software\C07ft5Y",,,"SafeDisc RefCount"
    HKLM,"Software\C07ft5Y\WinXP"

    [SecDrv.AddService]
    Description = "SafeDisc driver"

    bumtracks, Apr 20, 2005