HijackThis version 2.0.2 ... non Beta

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Trend Micro are proud to announce the release of HijackThis version 2.0.2. This is the first non-beta release of HijackThis since our first release back in March. We since have been working alongside many HijackThis support communities to ensure that our changes reflect their needs. New features and fixes are listed below.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with HijackThis, it is a free software utility that generates an in depth report of registry and system settings by scanning your Windows computer. The resulting log file can be examined by experienced users or web-forum helpers to determine what may have infected your PC. HijackThis makes no separation between safe and unsafe settings in its scan results. Expert users are provided the ability to selectively remove items from your PC, such as malicious or unwanted software. In addition to this scan and remove capability HijackThis comes with several tools useful in manually removing malware from a computer.

A common practice for novice users is to generate a HijackThis log file and submit it one of the many web-forums devoted to helping people fix their computers by using HijackThis. Experts at these forums provide information on which items are causing your problems and how to remove them safely from your computer.

New features include:

• AnalyzeThis statistics
  • Windows Vista and IE 7.0 improved support
  • Improved whitelisting for non English o/s
  • Added capabilities to clean ActiveX Desktop Components
  • Installer version of HJT is now also available
For more information and a link to download this utility visit this link.

:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Mucks, I'm yet to install this my Vista machine :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
No need to "install" just download the Executable.EXE program and run as & when needed ... right-click and run as Admin in Vista.

;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.castlecops.com/HijackThis.html

This looks good for newbies to Hijack This

user.gif

Ask a Question