    slide, then with a mouse click highlighted part of it. I can't figure out
    how to do this. Could anyone tell me how? I'm using Office 2003 on Windows
    XP Pro, SP2. Thank you.

    Andrea, Feb 16, 2006

  2. That part of the slide (or just a graphic within the slide) probably had a
    zoom animation set to happen on mouse click.

    Do get back if you need more details on accomplishing this - and which
    version of PowerPoint are you using? Something like this works best with
    PowerPoint 2002 and above.

    --
    Geetesh Bajaj
    Author of Cutting Edge PowerPoint for Dummies

    Geetesh Bajaj, Feb 16, 2006
  3. Andrea

    john wilson Guest

    Not sure if this is what you mean but it is cool!

    Set the background to a picture fill.

    Now place a shape eg oval or rectangle on the slide.Make the fill
    "background" and the line to "none."

    Now set a custom animation for the shape EMPHASIS > GROW(150%) and set a
    trigger on the shape to start the animation.

    Run the show and click where the shape is (it will be invisible)

    john wilson, Feb 16, 2006
  4. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Geetesh Bajaj wrote:
    > That part of the slide (or just a graphic within the slide) probably had a
    > zoom animation set to happen on mouse click.
    >
    > Do get back if you need more details on accomplishing this - and which
    > version of PowerPoint are you using? Something like this works best with
    > PowerPoint 2002 and above.

    I'm using Powerpoint 2003 (in Office 2003). I don't understand what a zoom
    animation is. I've looked at all of the possible animations that activate
    with a mouse click. As far as I can tell, I can change the color of the
    font, which is helpful, but I can't find a way to highlight parts of the
    text for the presentation, e.g., after all the bullets have been animated
    onto the slide, set another animation to highlight a block of bullets in
    yellow.

    Andrea, Feb 16, 2006
  5. Andrea

    john wilson Guest

    Hi Andrea

    If you email me (codepeople AT aol DOT com) I'll send you a nice demo of a
    zoom animation

    John

    john wilson, Feb 16, 2006
  6. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Will do. Thanks.

    Andrea, Feb 17, 2006
  7. Hi Andrea,

    Follow these steps:

    1. Select the object you want to zoom.

    2. Choose Slide Show | Custom Animation to activate the Custom Animation
    task pane.

    3. Choose Add Effect | Emphasis | Grow/Shrink - if the Grow/Shrink option is
    not available, choose Add Effect | Emphasis | More Effects | Basic |
    Grow/Shrink.

    To finetune the Grow/Shrink effect, select the animation from the listing on
    the task pane, and click the downward pointing arrow next to the listing to
    reveal a fly-out menu. Choose Effect Options to summon a dialog box that
    lets you play with the settings.

    Geetesh Bajaj, Feb 17, 2006
  8. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Thanks. That's a nice effect, but it's not what I was trying to do. I wanted
    to highlight the text in a different color (not change the font color, which
    is what I ended up doing because I couldn't figure out a way to highlight
    it.)

    Andrea, Feb 17, 2006
  9. OK - that's easy too.

    1. Select the text you want to highlight in a different color - right-click
    the text and choose Slide Show / Custom Animation to activate the Custom
    Animation task pane.

    2. In the task pane, choose Add Effect / Entrance / Fade (or any other
    entrance effect).

    3. Select the animation from the listing on the task pane, and click the
    downward pointing arrow next to the listing to reveal a fly-out menu. Choose
    Effect Options to summon a dialog box. In the Enhancements section, click
    the After Animation drop down menu, and choose to change the color of the
    text after animation to any of the 8 color scheme color swatches in the
    menu. If you want any other color, click the More Colors option and choose
    the color.

    Geetesh Bajaj, Feb 20, 2006
  10. Andrea

    Andrea Guest

    Thank you, but I just tried that--and it only changes the text color rather
    than highlighting it, at least from my end. This is a simpler way of
    changing the text color than I had used (a trigger with a mouse click), but
    it still doesn't highlight the text. I was told in private e-mail how to do
    this, but I'm always open to other ways, if there are any.

    Andrea

    Andrea, Feb 20, 2006