Highlighted desktop folder names by accident...tried to fix, no lu

Bob

Hi,
Somehow I accidently activated the highlight feature for my desktop folders
(i.e. folder names now have a background color. I tried to remove it by
going into desktop properties, appearance, effects and deselected the shadows
under menus (Don't think that addresses My problem but...) in any case, I
have yet to figure out how to return to the "normal" unhighlighted state. I
found how to change the COLOR of the highlight but not how to remove the
highlight. There is no apparent "select default" option for this issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...right now i can hardly bear to
look at the screen (I have lots of folder on my desktop!)

Thanks in advance!

Bob

I have MS XP Pro

RajKohli

First
===

1. Right-click on your Desktop
2. Point to Arrange Icons By
3. Make sure that "Lock web items on Desktop is unchecked".

Second
=====
1. Right-click on My Computer - choose Properties
2. Click Advanced tab
3. Click Settings button under Performace - Visual Effects .... option.
4. Make sure there is a check mark on "Use drop shadows for icon labels on
the desktop".

Third
===
1. Right-click on Desktop and choose Properties
2. Click Desktop tab and then click Customize Desktop
3. Click Web tab
4. Here uncheck all the Web Pages listed.

Fourth
====

Make sure that the wallpaper on your desktop is an image not a HTML file.

Hope this help, let us know!

Bob

Thanks very much..solved the problem:)
--
Bob

RajKohli said:
First
===

[...]

Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
You're ALL-WAYS Welcome.

"Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks very much..solved the problem:)
> --
> Bob
>

> "RajKohli" wrote:
>
>> First
>> ===
>>
>> 1. Right-click on your Desktop
>> 2. Point to Arrange Icons By
>> 3. Make sure that "Lock web items on Desktop is unchecked".
>>
>> Second
>> =====
>> 1. Right-click on My Computer - choose Properties
>> 2. Click Advanced tab
>> 3. Click Settings button under Performace - Visual Effects .... option.
>> 4. Make sure there is a check mark on "Use drop shadows for icon labels
>> on
>> the desktop".
>>
>> Third
>> ===
>> 1. Right-click on Desktop and choose Properties
>> 2. Click Desktop tab and then click Customize Desktop
>> 3. Click Web tab
>> 4. Here uncheck all the Web Pages listed.
>>
>> Fourth
>> ====
>>
>> Make sure that the wallpaper on your desktop is an image not a HTML file.
>>
>> Hope this help, let us know!
>>
>> "Bob" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > Somehow I accidently activated the highlight feature for my desktop
>> > folders
>> > (i.e. folder names now have a background color. I tried to remove it
>> > by
>> > going into desktop properties, appearance, effects and deselected the
>> > shadows
>> > under menus (Don't think that addresses My problem but...) in any case,
>> > have yet to figure out how to return to the "normal" unhighlighted
>> > state. I
>> > found how to change the COLOR of the highlight but not how to remove
>> > the
>> > highlight. There is no apparent "select default" option for this
>> > issue.
>> >
>> > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...right now i can hardly
>> > bear to
>> > look at the screen (I have lots of folder on my desktop!)
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance!
>> >
>> > Bob
>> >
>> > I have MS XP Pro
>> > --

Hi all,

I have done these four steps but still it does not work??what to do???