Windows Vista High-End Vista Comes at a High Price

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ouch !!!

The pricing list has since disappeared from the Microsoft Canada site, and the company is not commenting on the matter. However, the accidental release did not stop several Microsoft watchers from opining on the company's planned price structure.
"Guess Microsoft execs weren't kidding when they talked about their plans to push Premium Vista SKUs (with premium price tags attached)," noted Microsoft pundit Mary Jo Foley wrote for Microsoft Watch on Monday.
Hmmm, if this pricing structure is what to expect, me is gonna need to rob a bank. :rolleyes:

http://www.betanews.com/article/HighEnd_Vista_Comes_at_a_High_Price/1156795401

user.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ouch, those prices are rather high :eek: Can you upgrade from Win95 > Vista? ;) If so, it may be a cheap route!

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Ouch, those prices are rather high :eek: Can you upgrade from Win95 > Vista? ;) If so, it may be a cheap route!
haha, err, nope!

Now don't forget ... 200$ CAD is £95, at the present exchange rate ... but I don't think we'll see Ultimate Edition here in the UK for £142 ... would be about right though. ;)

user.gif

Reaction score
Time to ditch Microsoft is coming

Looks like Microsoft will be loosing me to Linux!
Seems like it could be a good time for the Linux Community to advertise their product a bit more!

I recently got sent a copy of Linux Ubuntu Live DVD on it it states "Ububtu is software libre. You are encouraged and legall entitled to copy, reinstall, modify & redistribute this CD for yourself & your friends. Share the spirit of Ubuntu!"

Say's it all really, the difference between Microsoft and Linux!!!

muckshifter

Reaction score
Linux is FREE ....

OK ... a little bump to this topic as MS have posted a price guide themselves.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/editions/default.mspx

Click the individual links & scroll down ... make sure you are in your seat when you do so. ;)

oh, and don't forget, MS do not know what an "exchange rate" is ... so dispite the fact we here in the UK can get nearlly $2 to the £1 MS will just simply replace the $ with a £ ...

so for example;
Windows Vista Home Premium = $159.00
... simply reads as ...
Windows Vista Home Premium =£159.00

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mucks, you're spot on with the pricing, I worked that out some time ago that anything computer related translates directly dollar to pound.

Them yanks don't know when they're well off, yet still they whinge ;)

And don't get me talking about petrol prices.....

I wonder how long it will be before Win XP won't play Games?

Five years? Three Years? Ten Years?

Whenever that time comes, I'll buy a cheap copy of Vista to play my Games on.

Seriously trying to switch to Linux.

Suse 10.1 running Ok, having a spot of bother right now with PC Linux OS 'Big Dadddy' can't seem to up screen res to anything higher than 800 x 600 :confused:

But I must admit I haven't spent much time with it so far.

muckshifter

Reaction score
I have two out of three on Linux ... I'm actually re-playing a game I bought a while ago on the windows box.
laughingsmiley.gif

I wonder how many pennies I have in my JellyBaby money box. ;)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Like i said in another thread i won't be taken the p**s out of by anybody, Billy boy will not be gettin my money as i'll stick to xp for as long as i can whilst learning everything linux, All that money for an operating system that will be so locked down you won't be able to copy one of your own cd's...

What a joke...:mad:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is it legal to buy a copy in the US and just use it over here? It would virtually half the price!

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Is it legal to buy a copy in the US and just use it over here? It would virtually half the price!
You'll find it quite legal, not sure though about the langwage difference ... I'd get mighty peeved off trying to spellcheck with it.

Ian, you can buy what you like anywhere you like ... just stay clear of customs & exise with their import duty. :p

MS do not know what an "exchange rate" is ... so dispite the fact we here in the UK can get nearlly $2 to the £1 MS will just simply replace the $ with a £ ...
nod.gif

Ask a Question