    Is there any way to hide the vertical and horizontal lines that appear after
    freezing panes? I'm using an Excel spreadsheet as a form and sharing with the
    entire network and these just add chaos to the form.

    Mamachugh, Jun 26, 2009

  2. Mamachugh

    T. Valko Guest

    Can't be done.

    --
    Biff
    Microsoft Excel MVP

    T. Valko, Jun 26, 2009
  3. Mamachugh

    Max Guest

    well, if its under your control, you could always creatively camouflage it
    using black fill/white font for the top/left portions segmented by the panes
    --
    Max
    Singapore

    Max, Jun 27, 2009
  4. Hi,

    The freeze panes line is visible even if you place a solid line over it, it
    appears to float on a layer above spreadsheet and the graphic layers.

    If you use Excel 2007 you can have one row of titles lock at the top of a
    table range without using the freeze pane command - that is because the
    titles replace the column letters as you scroll out of view of them.

    Personally I'd learn to live with the freeze pane lines, that are lots
    bigger issues.

    Cheers,
    Shane Devenshire

    Shane Devenshire, Jun 27, 2009