Hide On Next Mouse Click problem when in 'Kiosk' mode

G

Using the Animation Trigger option I am clicking on an object to have a text box appear. That works well. I now need to have that text box disappear. When the 'After Animation' option is set to 'Hide on Next Mouse Click', the command does not work in the "Browsed at a kiosk" Show Type setting (Slide Show Menu) is used; it does work properly when "...by presenter" or "...by individual" options are selected

Our application: This is being used in a PowerPoint based eLearning course we are developing. The text box referred to is a "Tell Me More" option that the user can select. That is the object that continues to stay on the screen when in the Kiosk mode.

E

Echo S

Hide on Mouse Click just doesn't seem to work right in most of the versions
of PPT.

Since you mention a trigger, I assume you're using PPT 2002 or 2003. In that
case, just add an exit effect to the textbox and set it to start "after
previous." So the net effect is that you click an object, the textbox
appears (entrance activated by trigger), then it disappears (exit effect).

That actually gives you more control than the "hide on mouse click" option
anyway.

G

Thanks Echo, yes, I'm using PPT 2002

The only thing is when the text box will disappear. I'd like for it to disappear when the user signals they are ready (via a mouse click on a 'close' button). I'll try your suggestions. Thanks for the quick reply

Howard

E

Echo S

hmanthei said:
Thanks Echo, yes, I'm using PPT 2002.

The only thing is when the text box will disappear. I'd like for it to disappear when the user signals they are ready (via a mouse click on a 'close' button). I'll try your suggestions. Thanks for the quick reply.

Ah, I misunderstood your description of what you wanted, then. But I
think if you set it up similar to the way I described, Howard, it will
exit on the click of the close button. Basically, you're just setting
the trigger to an exit animation instead of an entrance one.

Ask a Question