Hidden partition - how to partition

Hi all!

I've bought a PC with a recovery XP on a Hidden partition.
The point is that the HD (200Gb) is in one big partition and i'd like to resize it WITHOUT blowing up the hidden partition with the System Recovery.

Could somebody help me?

Many thanks!

Guille

Bill Crocker

You can do that using Partition Magic. Make sure you use a new enough
version, to be fully compatible with WinXP! I'm using v 8, and it works
great!

Bill Crocker

Guille said:
Hi all!

I've bought a PC with a recovery XP on a Hidden partition.
The point is that the HD (200Gb) is in one big partition and i'd like to
resize it WITHOUT blowing up the hidden partition with the System Recovery.

Does it mean that i can resize it without destroying or unallocating?
Would you give me some tips? I would prefer not to "break" anything ;)

Thanks!

Guille

Jim Macklin

The hidden partition should not be resized and it does not
need to be altered in order to format or partition the
visible C: partition. But unless you want to start from
scratch with the installed OS and applications, you do need
a third party program to do it without data loss. Like the
other guy, I recommend Partition Magic 8 [the price has
dropped recently].
You can use it to select the C: partition and create
partitions in the free space.
You should do a disk cleanup and defrag before you begin so
space is available. PM asks you from which drive
(partition) do you want to take space to create the new
partition. It really works very well.

| Thanks,
|
| Does it mean that i can resize it without destroying or
unallocating?
| Would you give me some tips? I would prefer not to "break"
anything ;)

| Thanks!
|
| Guille
|
| "Bill Crocker" wrote:
|
| > You can do that using Partition Magic. Make sure you
use a new enough
| > version, to be fully compatible with WinXP! I'm using v
8, and it works
| > great!
| >
| > Bill Crocker

message

| > > Hi all!
| > >
| > > I've bought a PC with a recovery XP on a Hidden
partition.
| > > The point is that the HD (200Gb) is in one big
partition and i'd like to
| > resize it WITHOUT blowing up the hidden partition with
the System Recovery.

| > > Could somebody help me?
| > >
| > > Many thanks!
| > >
| > > Guille

I'll try it, but my worry was that when I resize C: then new unallocated space is created, mixing with the unallocated space of the hidden partition i don't want to mess.
Any risk?

Thanks a lot

Guille

Wislu Plethora