    application running that I'd like to check the progress of over the weekend.

    From home, I connect to my desktop at work via Remote Desktop, but since I
    only see the desktop of my primary display I can't 'get to' the app I left
    running. It's in my taskbar, and if I right click I have only the minimise
    option (I don't think that it works however because after clicking it then
    right clicking again I don't get the restore option).

    Does anyone know how I might be able to get access to the app using remote
    desktop?

    Troy, Jun 20, 2008

  2. I have no experience with dual monitors but you might look at the /span
    switch. Go to "Start -> Run" and type the command...

    mstsc /?

    ....in the command window or this page for details...

    http://tinyurl.com/5v6ful

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows – Desktop User Experience)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

    Sooner Al [MVP], Jun 20, 2008

  3. Troy

    blank Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?VHJveQ==?= <> wrote in

    > At work I have a dual monitor display and on the secondary display I
    > left an application running that I'd like to check the progress of
    > over the weekend.
    >
    > From home, I connect to my desktop at work via Remote Desktop, but
    > since I only see the desktop of my primary display I can't 'get to'
    > the app I left running. It's in my taskbar, and if I right click I
    > have only the minimise option (I don't think that it works however
    > because after clicking it then right clicking again I don't get the
    > restore option).
    >
    > Does anyone know how I might be able to get access to the app using
    > remote desktop?

    Try clicking the progam in the taskbar so that it is the active window
    (which you can't see), then press alt-space followed by pressing M - this
    should put it into "move" mode - then (assuming your secondary display is
    the one on the right) press the left arrow key until the window moves onto
    the primary monitor.

    blank, Jun 21, 2008