Helpful file for downloading all Sysinternals utilities.

Discussion in 'Freeware' started by John Corliss, Jul 20, 2006.

  1. John Corliss

    John Corliss Guest

    H-Man posted that the FAT32 for Windows NT 4.0 file (no longer available
    at Sysinternals) was downloadable at the GRC site. I downloaded the .zip
    file at that link and it contained the following instead (has a list of
    all the utilities):

    What happened to all the files?

    During the 24-hours that the SysInternals site was struggling under the
    rush of people wanting to grab all of its goodies before they (possibly)
    disappeared forever following Microsoft's acquisition of Mark and Bryce,
    this file briefly contained all of the files listed below. But the guys
    now have their site hosted on a much faster connection and hardware, so
    there's no longer any need for file mirroring. If you want to grab every
    file from their "files" directory, the links below will help you ...

    NOTE: If you are using Internet Explorer to download many files at once,
    you'll likely be frustrated by the very annoying default "two connection"
    limit per remote site. You can easily eliminate that in order to enable
    as many simultaneous downloads as you can click on. Go to this registry
    key ...

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
    Internet Settings

    Then change or add the following two entries, setting their DWORD
    values to something large (mine are both set to 1000):

    MaxConnectionsPerServer REG_DWORD (Default is 2)
    Sets the number of simultaneous requests to a single HTTP 1.1 Server

    MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server REG_DWORD (Default is 4)
    Sets the number of simultaneous requests to a single HTTP 1.0 Server

    Here's the master list of every file in the SysInternals "files" dir:

    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/accesschk.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/AccessEnum.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/AccessEnumSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Accvio.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/AdRestore.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/AdRestoreSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Autologon.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/AutologonSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Autoruns.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/BgInfo.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/BlueScreen.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/CacheSet.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/CacheSetSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/ClockRes.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Contig.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/CpuMon.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Ctrl2Cap.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Ctrl2Cap9xSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Ctrl2CapSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/DebugView9x.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/DebugViewAmd64.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/DebugViewNt.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Defrag.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/DiskExt.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/DiskKey.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/DiskMon.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/DiskMonNt.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/DiskView.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Du.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/EfsDump.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Fat32.exe
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Filemon.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Filemonamd64.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/FilemonNt.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/fmifs.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Frob.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Fundelete.exe
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/FundeleteSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/gpdisable.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Handle.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Hex2dec.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Hostname.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Junction.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/JunctionSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/LdmDump.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/ListDlls.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/LiveKd.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/LoadOrder.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/LogonSessions.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Native.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/NetstatpSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/NewSid.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/NewSidSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Notmyfault.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/ntcrash2.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/NtfsChk.exe
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/NtfsDos.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/NtfsDosProfessional.exe
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/NtfsFlp.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/NtfsInfo.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/NtfsInfoSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/NtfsWindows98.exe
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/NtRecover.exe
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PageDefrag.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PendMoves.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PhysMem.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PipeList.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PMon.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PortMon9x.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PortMonNt.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/ProcessExplorer9x.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/ProcessExplorerAmd64.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/ProcessExplorerIa64.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/ProcessExplorerNt.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/procfeatures.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsExec.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsFile.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsGetSid.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsInfo.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsKill.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsList.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsLoggedOn.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsLoggedOnSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsLogList.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsPasswd.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsService.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsShutdown.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsSuspend.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/PsTools.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Regdellnull.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/RegHide.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Regjump.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Regmon9x.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Regmonamd64.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/RegmonNt.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/RemoteRecover.exe
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/RootkitRevealer.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/SDelete.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/SDeleteSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/SecDemo.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/SecDemoSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/ShareEnum.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/ShareEnumSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Sigcheck.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Streams.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Strings.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Sync.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/TcpView.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/TdiMon9x.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/TdiMonNt.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Testlimit.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Tokenmon.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/TokenmonSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/TVcache.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/VcMon.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/VcMonSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/VolumeId.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/VxDMon.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/VxDMonSource.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/Whois.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/WinObj.zip
    http://www.sysinternals.com/files/ZoomIt.zip

    --
    Regards from John Corliss. I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett.
    No ad, cd, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, PROmotion, share, spy,

    John Corliss, Jul 20, 2006

  2. John Corliss

    John Corliss Guest

    John Corliss wrote:
    > H-Man posted that the FAT32 for Windows NT 4.0 file (no longer available
    > at Sysinternals) was downloadable at the GRC site. I downloaded the .zip
    > file at that link and it contained the following instead (has a list of
    > all the utilities):

    I see now that Terry Russell has already posted this. However, the post
    was buried in a thread so some people might have missed it.

    John Corliss, Jul 20, 2006

  3. John Corliss

    ms Guest

    John Corliss <> wrote in news:12burie4h4jl167
    @corp.supernews.com:

    > H-Man posted that the FAT32 for Windows NT 4.0 file (no longer available
    > at Sysinternals) was downloadable at the GRC site. I downloaded the .zip
    > file at that link and it contained the following instead (has a list of
    > all the utilities):

    Thanks for the list, John.

    It looks like Sysinternals may have withdrawn that utility, maybe some
    problem with it. Except they would have deleted the listing from the
    website.

    Mike Sa

    ms, Jul 20, 2006
  4. John Corliss

    H-Man Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 04:51:40 -0700, John Corliss wrote:

    > H-Man posted that the FAT32 for Windows NT 4.0 file (no longer available
    > at Sysinternals) was downloadable at the GRC site. I downloaded the .zip
    > file at that link and it contained the following instead (has a list of
    > all the utilities):
    >
    >>Snipped listing>>

    Thank's for that John, it was there yesterday with files in tact when I
    downloaded it. Looks like Steve changed the zip, probably because of the
    rush to get it. I'm assuming the rush is for the most part over, but if
    someone wanted me to post it to a server of their choosing I would (you
    know, one of those free file sharing services)

    --
    HK

    H-Man, Jul 20, 2006
  5. John Corliss

    Guest

    John Corliss wrote:

    > Here's the master list of every file in the SysInternals "files" dir:

    What sort of amount of data is that lot?

    thanks, NT

    , Jul 20, 2006
  6. John Corliss

    James UK Guest

    leapt out of the bath and screamed "EUREKA!" before typing in
    alt.comp.freeware:

    > What sort of amount of data is that lot?
    >
    > thanks, NT

    According to what I got;

    1.90 MB (1,998,848 bytes) for 122 files.

    Thanks to JC for the original post too.

    --
    James UK

    James UK, Jul 20, 2006
  7. John Corliss

    JP Loken Guest

    På Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:17:34 +0200, skrev ms <>:

    > John Corliss <> wrote in news:12burie4h4jl167
    > @corp.supernews.com:
    >
    >> H-Man posted that the FAT32 for Windows NT 4.0 file (no longer available
    >> at Sysinternals) was downloadable at the GRC site. I downloaded the .zip
    >> file at that link and it contained the following instead (has a list of
    >> all the utilities):
    >>

    > Thanks for the list, John.
    >
    > It looks like Sysinternals may have withdrawn that utility, maybe some
    > problem with it. Except they would have deleted the listing from the
    > website.
    >
    > Mike Sa

    It's back. :)

    --
    JP Loken
    http://www.opera.com/mail/

    JP Loken, Jul 20, 2006
  8. John Corliss

    ms Guest

    "JP Loken" <> wrote in

    > På Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:17:34 +0200, skrev ms <>:
    >
    >> John Corliss <> wrote in news:12burie4h4jl167
    >> @corp.supernews.com:
    >>
    >>> H-Man posted that the FAT32 for Windows NT 4.0 file (no longer
    >>> available at Sysinternals) was downloadable at the GRC site. I
    >>> downloaded the .zip file at that link and it contained the following
    >>> instead (has a list of all the utilities):
    >>>

    >> Thanks for the list, John.
    >>
    >> It looks like Sysinternals may have withdrawn that utility, maybe
    >> some problem with it. Except they would have deleted the listing from
    >> the website.
    >>
    >> Mike Sa

    > It's back. :)

    Yes, first time in about 10 tries over 2 days that it works, downloading
    now.

    Mike Sa

    ms, Jul 20, 2006
  9. "James UK" <> wrote in message
    > leapt out of the bath and screamed "EUREKA!" before typing in
    > alt.comp.freeware:
    >
    >> What sort of amount of data is that lot?
    >>
    >> thanks, NT

    > According to what I got;
    >
    > 1.90 MB (1,998,848 bytes) for 122 files.
    >
    > Thanks to JC for the original post too.

    I get 22,335,564 bytes for the files directory
    with duplicates as app/sources zips
    and the html is 3,900,357 bytes

    or the whole site with duplicates and duplicates of duplicates
    in multiple category webpages
    42,061,824 bytes ....you seem to be short a bit or two

    I think there are probably enough 'final' copies that noone
    need worry too much about being able to find what they want for a while
    even if it does do a cheshire.

    Funny thing, I was meaning to do a freshen up for a while.
    Never put off til tomorrow what you can do the day after :)

    Terry Russell, Jul 21, 2006
  10. John Corliss

    James UK Guest

    > What sort of amount of data is that lot?
    >
    > thanks, NT

    (Ignore my older reply Message-ID:
    <Xns9806B4779494DJamesUK@193.202.122.111> if you see it)

    According to what I got;

    21.7 MB (22,839,296 bytes) for 122 files.

    James UK, Jul 21, 2006
  11. John Corliss

    John Corliss Guest

    H-Man wrote:
    > John Corliss wrote:
    >
    >> H-Man posted that the FAT32 for Windows NT 4.0 file (no longer available
    >> at Sysinternals) was downloadable at the GRC site. I downloaded the .zip
    >> file at that link and it contained the following instead (has a list of
    >> all the utilities):
    >>
    >>> Snipped listing>>

    > Thank's for that John, it was there yesterday with files in tact when I
    > downloaded it. Looks like Steve changed the zip, probably because of the
    > rush to get it. I'm assuming the rush is for the most part over, but if
    > someone wanted me to post it to a server of their choosing I would (you
    > know, one of those free file sharing services)

    Probably not a good idea, given the EULAs for all the utilities and the
    fact that they're now property of MS.

    At any rate, I for one managed to snag all of the utilities (including
    "FAT32 for Windows NT 4.0" since the link is now working again) and even
    the web pages for each of them. Zipped it all up in one big file and
    rat-holed it. I did upgrade Process Explorer though. New version allows
    you to have it replace the Task Manager (look under "Options".)

    John Corliss, Jul 21, 2006
  12. John Corliss

    John Corliss Guest

    James UK wrote:
    >> What sort of amount of data is that lot?
    >>
    >> thanks, NT

    > (Ignore my older reply Message-ID:
    > <Xns9806B4779494DJamesUK@193.202.122.111> if you see it)
    >
    > According to what I got;
    >
    > 21.7 MB (22,839,296 bytes) for 122 files.
    >
    > Thanks to JC for the original post too.

    Actually, Terry Russell posted the list originally in another thread.

    John Corliss, Jul 21, 2006
  13. John Corliss

    Jim Daniel Guest

    John Corliss wrote:

    > H-Man wrote:
    > > John Corliss wrote:
    > >
    > >> H-Man posted that the FAT32 for Windows NT 4.0 file (no longer available
    > >> at Sysinternals) was downloadable at the GRC site. I downloaded the .zip
    > >> file at that link and it contained the following instead (has a list of
    > >> all the utilities):

    > > Thank's for that John, it was there yesterday with files in tact when I
    > > downloaded it. Looks like Steve changed the zip, probably because of the
    > > rush to get it. I'm assuming the rush is for the most part over, but if
    > > someone wanted me to post it to a server of their choosing I would (you
    > > know, one of those free file sharing services)

    > Probably not a good idea, given the EULAs for all the utilities and the
    > fact that they're now property of MS.
    >
    > At any rate, I for one managed to snag all of the utilities (including
    > "FAT32 for Windows NT 4.0" since the link is now working again) and even
    > the web pages for each of them. Zipped it all up in one big file and
    > rat-holed it. I did upgrade Process Explorer though. New version allows
    > you to have it replace the Task Manager (look under "Options".)
    >
    > --
    > Regards from John Corliss. I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett.
    > No ad, cd, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, PROmotion, share, spy,
    > time-limited or trial wares or warez for me, please.

    John,
    Brilliant find on having Process Explorer replace Task Manager.
    Thanks!
    Jim Daniel

    Jim Daniel, Jul 21, 2006
  14. John Corliss

    James UK Guest

    John Corliss leapt out of the bath and screamed "EUREKA!" before typing
    in alt.comp.freeware:

    > Actually, Terry Russell posted the list originally in another thread.

    Ah, OK, thanks for the confirm.

    Regards

    --
    James UK

    James UK, Jul 21, 2006
  15. John Corliss

    James UK Guest

    Terry Russell leapt out of the bath and screamed "EUREKA!" before
    typing in alt.comp.freeware:

    > Funny thing, I was meaning to do a freshen up for a while.
    > Never put off til tomorrow what you can do the day after :)

    Thanks for the file list from me too.

    Regards

    --
    James UK