Windows XP Help! User Account Problem

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have done SO many things to try and fix this and i havent found a solution...

BTW I have Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell dimension 4550

I go to start/control panel/user accounts, click on an account i want to DELETE,

I click delete account, delete files, then delete account. Before i tell you the rest of the stuff, heres a little about the account...

I changed the account around trying to delete it, its not admin, and it has no password

Ok the problem is when i try to delete it, i click delete account, Then the user accounts thing freezes up for a bit, and then stop to respond ( it sais User Accounts not responding on the top )

When i click the X in the right hand corner alot, it finally comes up with a message saying ...

(End Program - mshta.exe

This program is not repsonding)

This happens EVERY time i try to delete it, and after i end the program it makes me send an error mesaage to microsoft about Microsoft (R) HTML Application Host

Please help me this is crazy

Reaction score
Are you trying to delete the account your logged in with?! If so, you have to delete a user account from another admin account other then the one your trying to delete:

Reaction score
try deleteing it from "local users and groups"

go start>control pannel (then switch it 2 classic view on the right hand side)>administrative tools>computer management

once you are in computer management, you will see "local users and groups" expand that then expand users

right click on the user you want to delete and click delete and .... it will ask you are you sure you click yes and fingers crossed it will work:)

hope it helps

Ask a Question