Help- Unable to copy files to CD-R using WINXP copy feature

Discussion in 'Windows XP New Users' started by GJP, Oct 1, 2004.

  1. GJP

    GJP Guest

    When using WinXP (SP1) trying to copy files over to a CD-R gives me a
    error message, something about error while writing.
    I first thought it had something to do with INCD becuase I just upgraded
    INCD a couple of days ago and everything was working ok prior to doing so.
    I've removed INCD and tried to copy files to a CD-r but still the error
    message.
    It's a Samsung CD-R/RW SW-252F...I know cheapy...but it was working and
    still works if I'm burning an image file...just won't work with the WINXP
    and copy.
    I've checked the CVD drive properties recording tab, enabled is checked,
    I've checked Contril Panel/Administrative tools/Services for the Imapi CD
    Burning Com service, it was not started and set to manual, I've changed it
    to Started and set to automatic, still gives an error message when I try to
    burn a CD-R, also when I go back and check the "started" goes back to blank
    after the error message.
    Any help would be appreciated .

    TIA.

    GJP

    GJP, Oct 1, 2004

  2. GJP <GJP> wrote:

    >When using WinXP (SP1) trying to copy files over to a CD-R gives me a
    >error message, something about error while writing.

    See "How to Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a
    CD-R or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129).

    --
    (tm)

    Thorsten Matzner, Oct 1, 2004

  3. GJP

    GJP Guest

    Thorsten Matzner <> wrote in news:#z4uaZ9pEHA.1960
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > GJP <GJP> wrote:
    >
    >>When using WinXP (SP1) trying to copy files over to a CD-R gives me a
    >>error message, something about error while writing.

    > See "How to Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a
    > CD-R or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP"
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129).

    Thanks for the suggestion...BTW I find that page for MS Windows XP CD
    problems about the worst piece of...well I won't go into what I really
    think about it.
    It has no info or at least I could not find any info about my problem
    i.e. problems copying files to a cd-r..then only nthing close was they
    talked about trying to copy a large amount of files and having to wait
    till they were copied over into a "temp" area before copying to a CD-R
    or an error message could occur.
    When I tried to find the page in their library about hardware that was
    ok with WinXP they take me to a page that shows printing software or
    printers...geeez .
    I'm still unable to copy files to a CD-R with WinXP.
    Thanks for your suggestion...it was appreciated, but boy oh boy does MS
    sure run you around the haystack looking for that needle.(G)

    GJP

    GJP, Oct 1, 2004